Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Convection Microwave Ovens

1,788 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by combat wombat™
combat wombat™
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just got a GE convection microwave oven. It's not the Advantium oven. Have any of you had any success baking or roasting in one of these convection microwave oven combos? What do you like best about/cooked in them? I haven't used this feature and I'm looking forward to trying it. However, I am a little skeptical about the results, particularly when using a combination of the two features.
BlueMiles
AG
Is this an oven where both convection and microwave are to be used at the same time? I did not know that existed in one appliance.
Vernada
AG
When I looked at them previously I thought they looked pretty sweet. However, I've never actually used one.
Duncan Idaho
Trivection oven ot nothing.
schmendeler
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Trivection oven ot nothing.

You and your three dimensions...
combat wombat™
AG
I didn't know they existed until I actually got this one. It can function as a microwave oven, convection oven, or a combination of the two.

I've always been a little annoyed that I don't have double ovens. The builder put a GE Advantium microwave oven in my house that they claimed would function as a second oven. I was never satisfied with the results. However, I think this microwave convection combo may do the trick.
JHShipley
AG
I've had it. It works like a champ. Heats up faster than a normal oven so great for heating up frozen junk food for the kids. Also does the trick on baking potatoes and corn bread.
CyanideJenkins
AG
combat wombat said:

I just got a GE convection microwave oven. It's not the Advantium oven. Have any of you had any success baking or roasting in one of these convection microwave oven combos? What do you like best about/cooked in them? I haven't used this feature and I'm looking forward to trying it. However, I am a little skeptical about the results, particularly when using a combination of the two features.

Well? Any success with this oven? I'm curious because I'm considering replacing my microwave with something similar.
combat wombat™
AG
Well, I've only used it a couple of times for meals I would have otherwise made in the oven. Once I used the speedcook option for baked beans... I didn't have time to do them in the oven so I put them in the microwave and used the convection/ microwave speed cook combo. It didn't turn out quite as well in the oven but it was still pretty good. The bacon on top crisped up, though not as evenly as it would have in the oven, and the beans were still a little more soupy than they would have been in the oven. I did use the convection bake for some meatballs that I normally do in the oven. Those turned out great. They browned on top just like they would have in the oven.

All in all, I'm really pleased with it so far. I haven't tried baking pies cookies or cakes in it yet. But I think it'll do the job all right.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.