Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

What does your homebar look like, include?

4,949 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cecil77
Tyrone_The_Tuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going to be moving into a rental house from an apartment here in September so I will have more room to get a kegerator and other goodies. What do you all have at your home bars? Looking for ideas!
John Francis Donaghy
About 150 bottles of bourbon and scotch. Sometimes a bottle of wine or two.
HTownAg98
Vodka: Monopolowa
Gin: Ford's for martinis, Beefeater for tonics
Rum: Flor de Cana white rum for mixing, Saint Teresa 1876 for sipping
Tequila: El Jimador for mixing, Los Cazadores Extra Anejo for sipping
Bourbon: Bulliet for both
Whiskies: RedBreast 12 and Glenmorangie The Quinta Ruban
Other stuff: A triple sec I can't remember, St. Germaine, Dolin dry vermouth, Cocci sweet vermouth, Campari, Pernod.
I can make a lot of cocktails from that list.

There's also about 140 bottles of wine.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

About 150 bottles of bourbon and scotch. Sometimes a bottle of wine or two.

Pics
BigAg95
AG
We have about 225 bottles of wine, mostly reds from Cali and Italy with some others sprinkled in.

My half of the liquor is all whiskeys (bourbon, rye, japanese, irish, scotch) with some herbal/bitter liquors/bitters thrown in for cocktails. Also have a few nice tequilas and some Four Square rum. Current whiskeys on hand are Pappy 23, Van Winkle Lot B, GTS, Pinhook, several 4R SB, Booker's, Baker's, Knob SB, Weller Antique, WT Revival, Longbranch, Rare Breed, ER, EH Taylor small batch, Whistle Pig Old World, Midsummer Night's Dram, Hibiki Harmony, NIkka FTB, Knob Creek SB Rye, Old Overholt Rye BiB, Sazerac, Blade & Bow, Evan SB, Beam SB, BT store pick. Several of the above are store picks as well.

My wife's half is all offensive and ridiculous flavored vodkas, rums, and schnapps...
SpiderDude
AG
I've been on a quest to basically have everything on hand to do just about any cocktail that I come across and want to try. I have a dozen or so bourbons. About half dozen Ryes. Handful of scotches or American single malts. Half dozen tequilas and mezcals. A few rums, vodkas. Another half dozen gins, several that I infused. Multiple amaros, apertif, liqueurs, etc. At this point I've met my goal. You always find cocktails with obscure ingredients but I typically have something close enough to make it work.
Joe Exotic
AG
Please don't be the guy that makes a martini with the two year old bottle of vermouth
DVC2010
AG
SpiderDude said:

I've been on a quest to basically have everything on hand to do just about any cocktail that I come across and want to try. I have a dozen or so bourbons. About half dozen Ryes. Handful of scotches or American single malts. Half dozen tequilas and mezcals. A few rums, vodkas. Another half dozen gins, several that I infused. Multiple amaros, apertif, liqueurs, etc. At this point I've met my goal. You always find cocktails with obscure ingredients but I typically have something close enough to make it work.

Good for you. I have been known to buy whole bottles of something obscure so I can try a single recipe.
Bruce Almighty
AG
About 200 bottles of wine
A bottle of Don Julio 1942
A bottle of Casa Noble Crystal
Six pack of Shiner

I don't drink a lot of hard liquor besides tequila
SpiderDude
AG
Yeah, I continue to keep a wish list that I tap into on occasion. Might start looking for Amaro Braulio for example. It sounds intriguing based on what I read. If you're into craft cocktails it never really ends.
javajaws
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Six pack of Shiner

How is the Crystal? Casa Noble Anejo is my liquor of choice.
aTm2004
AG
Fridge in the garage (exact number sure to vary):
- 2 6-packs of Anchor Steam
- 1 12-pack of Yuengling
- 18-pack of Miller Lite
- 2 6-packs of 11 Below's Oso Bueno

In the house:
- Qui tequila
- Gentlemen Jack

Not much but what we like.
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Six pack of Shiner

Question: How did you pick your bottles and how did you end up stock piling so many? Wine clubs, or if you like a bottle then you buy a case and cellar the rest?
Bruce Almighty
AG
My collection started when I went to Napa for the first time and brought back a few dozen bottles. There are a few wineries that I buy a case from every year. I'm also part of a wine club, but its only a couple of bottles a month, so not much to stockpile. I also hit up my local wine store sales. They have big quarterly sales and I'll purchase a dozen bottles or so at a time.
Bruce Almighty
AG
javajaws said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Six pack of Shiner

How is the Crystal? Casa Noble Anejo is my liquor of choice.
Its my favorite tequila for mixed drinks.
Cancelled
AG
I cannot wait for MFBarnes to post his bar.
cecil77
AG
Wine room where we spend most evenings. 300 bottles or so, most of them in a large Vinotemp, but some "decorative bottles" (i.e. unlikely to ever drink them, mostly pity purchases at wineries) in racks. Also a 1950s bar cart w/ liqour, but not all that much.

Wines mostly red, lots of Napa, but moving more and more to Bordeaux. And, pretty understandably, lots of Inwood Estates wine, since I work there every weekend!
DVC2010
AG
The contents of that decanter are older than I am.

anonymousAg05
AG
DVC2010 said:

The contents of that decanter are older than I am.

If that decanter is crystal, you don't want to leave anything in there long term as you can get lead poisoning.
cecil77
AG
If it's leaded crystal and at all acidic, then yes. But it does have to a long time - many, many years.
K188Ag
AG
Just to make you guy jealous. Here is my home bar.

Quote:

K188Ag
AG
Oops. for some reason my pic would not post.
ScottishFire
AG
Vodka: Tito's
Gin: Hendricks
Bourbon: Woodford Double Barrel, Basil Haydens, Maker's Mark
Irish: Tulamore Dew, Jameson Black Barrel, Powers
Scotch: MacAllan 12 Double Oak, Oban 14, Balvenie 12/14,
Scotch Blend: Monkey Shoulder
Canadian: 1910, 12 Year

(There are many others I prefer but have a young family to support. I try to keep the above mentioned on hand at all times)
62strat
AG
~10 whiskies, 5 scotches, 4 vodkas, 3 tequilas, a rum and a gin.

Then I have your basic mixers; vermouth, grand marnier, several bitters, triple sec, etc. I buy the big 32oz bottles of lime and lemon juice to make sure I always have that on hand, and I keep the 8oz bottles of carbed water and tonic stocked.
jh0400
AG
I have around 30 bourbons and ryes, Tito's, a couple of rums, a few brandies, Hendricks (regular and Orbeum), a few Scotches, a dozen or so sour beers, and 70 bottles of wine.

Burnsey
AG
Solid bar. Well done sir.
Satellite of Love
Wouldn't the liquor go bad with time as oxidation hammers it?
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
vanderhoosen
AG
20-25 whiskeys, mostly bourbon. 10-12 bottles of wine. A bottle of mezcal and one or two cheap tequilas for margaritas. A bottle of Mount Gay Rum and a bottle of vodka. As for mixers, some margarita mix, Zing Zang for Bloody Mary's, simple syrup and aromatic bitters.

Currently out of beer and need to stock up for the weekend.
cecil77
AG
Satellite of Love said:

Wouldn't the liquor go bad with time as oxidation hammers it?

High alcohol and high sugar ****** oxidation.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.