Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Street Food on Netflix

2,230 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by munch96
Tailgate88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watch it.
Tormentos
AG
Yep good show. Tried to go to Master Tang's noodle shop yesterday...sad to say the man passed away earlier this month.
FIDO*98*
AG
Watched the Thailand one with Jai Fai last night. Pretty damn impressive. I can't imagine working 40 years without a single day off.
fav13andac1)c
AG
And then the one day she takes off in 40 years, she is surprised with a Michelin star. Really cool.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
The translator's voice takes alot away for me.
BigAg95
AG
Is the Osaka episode all in Japanese with no subtitles for everyone else, or is that just me? My japanese is a little rusty.
SACR
AG
BigAg95 said:

Is the Osaka episode all in Japanese with no subtitles for everyone else, or is that just me? My japanese is a little rusty.
I kept having to reset the captioning on every episode, so check your captioning settings maybe? Maybe your default setting is off.
SACR
AG
Tormentos said:

Yep good show. Tried to go to Master Tang's noodle shop yesterday...sad to say the man passed away earlier this month.
They mentioned that at the end of the episode.
Vade281
AG
Watched the Cebu one since I was just there....I haven't heard of most of those foods. I wouldn't recommend eating any of it other than the lumpia lol.
SACR
AG
Vade281 said:

Watched the Cebu one since I was just there....I haven't heard of most of those foods. I wouldn't recommend eating any of it other than the lumpia lol.
Did you try the lechon?
Vade281
AG
Ah, yes. The staple of my people

I cook a lot of Filipino food...this one is something I just let the restaurants do. Mostly, I stick with Kare Kare, Adobo, and Pancit when I'm cooking for friends.
SACR
AG

I absolutely loved it when Yoonsun Cho visited her son in his job as chef at the Four Seasons.
munch96
AG
Vade281 said:

I cook a lot of Filipino food...this one is something I just let the restaurants do. Mostly, I stick with Kare Kare, Adobo, and Pancit when I'm cooking for friends.

What about balut, or dinaguan?
Vade281
AG
munch96 said:

Vade281 said:

What about balut, or dinaguan?
Hard pass. Anything called chocolate meat...isn't really chocolate...
munch96
AG
Fair point. Coincidentally if anyone is in the Houston/Cypress area, check out Ayie's. It is a sit down Filipino restaurant that is pretty good. I like their pork Sisig

Address: 11702 Grant Rd, Cypress, TX 77429
Vade281
AG
If you're in Dallas I'd recommend Kabayan in Lewisville...

My parents started the Sarap Pinoy restaurant in Humble (Houston). It was a huge part of my high school life...and it's since been sold. I wonder if it's still any good.
munch96
AG
I'll have to check it out next time I'm in the neighborhood
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.