Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Madrid

1,184 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by hbc07
amanda04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone have any can't miss places to visit or dishes to try? I've done a general search but am looking for hidden gems that might not be as touristy. Also, any items I should look at bringing home? I already know I can't bring any jamon iberico home, so looking for other ideas.
Hudson2508
AG
I know you said not touristy, but Botin was worth it. The suckling pig was excellent. I don't remember any of the other great places we ate but there are so many little spots that served great food. It's hard to go wrong in Spain.
amanda04
AG
I've definitely read about La Botin but wasn't sure if it was more hype or good food so glad to hear that it's good!
rooftop18403
If you go to Bernabeu just know the benzema is overrated. Overall flare has been gone for a while now.
tremble
AG
amanda04 said:

I've definitely read about La Botin but wasn't sure if it was more hype or good food so glad to hear that it's good!

Botn is absolutely worth it. Get the sopa de ajo to start with some jamn ibrico and make sure someone orders the cochinillo because that is a religious experience.
hbc07
AG
Hudson2508 said:

I know you said not touristy, but Botin was worth it. The suckling pig was excellent. I don't remember any of the other great places we ate but there are so many little spots that served great food. It's hard to go wrong in Spain.
Had the suckling pig at Botin when my spanish class went to spain in high school. I still remember it fondly.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.