Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Boutique Beef

1,549 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Duncan Idaho
Jock 07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Coworker tipped me off on this place in a small town just down I-80 from here. They have a small shop where they sell their wagyu/angus hybrid meat out of. I was intrigued so I broke down and bought a few various cuts. Is this a thing now around the country? I have seen ranches set up shop at local farmers markets from time to time but never an actual brick and mortar store. Looking forward to trying the steaks to see if they're worth the premium price.
PFG
AG
Quote:

Is this a thing now around the country?

You mean trendy branding and marketing to sell a product? No, it's a well established thing.

I'd venture to guess that most of your dollars spent went to pay for the person that keeps their Instagram page running and shirts in stock, not towards fine cuts of American red meat. Just a guess though. Keep us posted.
Jock 07
AG
No, I mean family ranches opening up storefronts to sell their beef direct to the consumer.
PFG
AG
It's the farmers market concept. Just online, or on their own property as to avoid having to spend a Saturday morning next to the tent of hippies selling hemp jewelry.

There's nothing new to farms opening a storefront.
gigemags87
AG
Check out crowdcow.com for something related.
Jock 07
AG
As I previously stated, I am well aware of the farmers market concept, the question was about brick and mortar locations that ranches sell their own beef out of. i also realize that there are plenty of operations selling their product on the internet. I have never seen any other instances of a family ranch selling their beef out of a storefront.
AggieBarstool
And as previously stated elsewhere in this thread, private farms & ranches opening up a storefront to sell their own beef is not a new concept. It's a common concept in far west and south Texas where huge ranch-lands are the norm..
PFG
AG
Yep, exactly.

If I cared about wasting 10 min, I could dig up a handful of places I drive by here in TX that do it. Not uncommon. Not new.

Is OP Raikes Beef? Hi there.
Duncan Idaho
Hell you can buy raw milk direct from the farm in the middle of Collin county
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.