Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Seeking mustard BBQ sauce recipe for pulled pork

2,276 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by FtBendTxAg
Txmoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody got one?
Austintm
Why defile any bbq with a Carolina sauce?
schmendeler
AG
It's not mustard, but I like this vinegar based sauce. Doesn't change the flavor much, just kind of turns it up a notch.

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/barbecue-sauce-recipes/east-carolina-vinegar-bbq-sauce-and-mop-recipe

Got quite a few compliments on it as well.
Max Power
AG
This is the best sauce I've ever had for pork. I cut the sugar in half, it's really tasty stuff.

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/other-fun-sauce-recipes/grownup-mustard-bbq-sauce-recipe

Bruce Almighty
AG
Austintm said:

Why defile any bbq with a Carolina sauce?

Because it's great on pork
Austintm
So is a Texas sauce with a sweet base, like Salt Lick. And it's not mustard-based.
Yes, I've had the Carolina sauce. Just don't like it.
FtBendTxAg
AG
LOL. Salt lick compared to a good Carolina vinegar sauce is a joke. I suggest you try again. Vinegar or mustard and pork compliment eachother like crazy.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'm not crazy about tomato based bbq sauces. Beef doesn't need a sauce and I prefer pork ribs with a dry rub. Pulled pork though, is awesome with a Carolina sauce, and much better than a Texas/KC style sauce.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Bingo. And I feel like the tomato based sauces completely wash away and over power the pork. (Opposed to complimenting) I'm sure there are some that work great together.. i just haven't found it yet
Austintm
FtBendTxAg said:

LOL. Salt lick compared to a good Carolina vinegar sauce is a joke. I suggest you try again. Vinegar or mustard and pork compliment eachother like crazy.
The comment was a sauce with a sweet base. SL was first that came to mind. If you could read beyond a third-grade level, you will see that my comment was that I simply don't like the Carolina-style mustard based sauces. If you like them, great for you.
RK
AG
city market in luling has a great mustard-based sauce. may be able to find a knock-off recipe online.
Sorrell Booke
This is the one that I make when I do whole hog roast every year....

https://amazingribs.com/tested-recipes/barbecue-sauce-recipes/columbia-gold-south-carolina-mustard-bbq-sauce-recipe

I make this one, a Hawaiian sauce with pineapples, and also a traditional pulled pork vinegar one.

I like for my guests to have options....
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

I simply don't like the Carolina-style mustard based sauces.
Congrats. You're not everybody.
John Francis Donaghy
Austintm said:

FtBendTxAg said:

The comment was a sauce with a sweet base. SL was first that came to mind. If you could read beyond a third-grade level, you will see that my comment was that I simply don't like the Carolina-style mustard based sauces. If you like them, great for you.

So what grade level were you reading at when you saw a thread title about mustard sauces and thought to yourself "they must want my opinions on tomato sauces!"?
FtBendTxAg
AG
Austintm said:

FtBendTxAg said:

Oh you mad bro

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.