Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Is there a general recipes thread?

1,805 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tanya 93
tsuag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Like a general repository for good recipes that we each would like to share?

It would be pretty cool since the recipes could be blue starred by others if we try it and like it; thus making it easier for future visitors to know which recipes are the "crowd favorites".

I wasn't sure if something like that has been tried here before.
aTm_bomb
AG

Someone activate the FIDO signal!

This has been a hit with everyone I know. I substitute Anaheim peppers for Cubanelle because I can never find them. I also use a larger boneless pork butt and have the butcher trim the fat cap and cube for me. Personal preference obviously as it has plenty of fat in it for the cook.

Pork Chili Verde
schmendeler
AG
I made this last night with pork tenderloin. the first time I made it with shoulder, and it was too fatty, but I didn't trim it at all. i'd like somewhere in between but my wife said she much preferred this version.

it's very good over rice with some Oaxaca cheese added.
Tanya 93
The thread would be a cluster**** of certain posters telling others their recipe sucks and they don't care if it came from his Scillian grandmother or Thai great aunt, they know how to make better.

It would also be a never-ending tirade on what is real chili or gumbo.

And don't get started on using canned foods in cooking.

Or not liking bacon...
SACR
AG
Tanya 93 said:

The thread would be a cluster**** of certain posters telling others their recipe sucks and they don't care if it came from his Scillian grandmother or Thai great aunt, they know how to make better.

Or not liking bacon...
Or people saying, "Good recipe, I changed out X for Y, and B for C, and D for F, and G for H, and it came out very well."
---------------------------------------------------
"Now you're suggesting uncleanliness during a viral outbreak? What other great ideas you got Typhoid Mary[?]"

jamey, 3/13/20

-------------------------------------------------

"They log into each other's accounts and post. They probably are two different people but that doesn't matter much when you log into other peoples accounts."
tsuag10
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Or not liking bacon...
Valid point. That probably answers the question of why there isn't already one going.
AgNav93
AG
People ruin everything.
chap
AG
https://texags.com/forums/67/topics/2066433/1

This thread served as a sort of general repository of several recipe threads. I thought it was stickied for awhile, but maybe not.
Tanya 93
AgNav93 said:

People ruin everything.
smug *******s ruin everything
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.