Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Advice for a trip to Snow's BBQ

2,643 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wadd96
tamc91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Title should be "Need advice for a trip to Snow's" as I'm asking for it.

Now that duck season is over I'm thinking about a trip to Snow's. I've convinced my son to get up early with me and head out there next Saturday.

I've read it you're in line by 8, you get your food about 9:30. Not sure I want to eat BBQ that early, but don't really want to get it to go.

If I order ahead of time, can I get it a bit later (say 11am) and eat there?
CharlieBrown17
AG
Getting up early, driving there hungry, waiting in line and devouring some early morning bbq is the best part of a trip to Snows

I've also definitely gotten there and got food in less than 20 minutes so it's a crap shoot on how busy they'll be. I'd guess it won't be as bad as usual this time of year because of the weather.
agfan2013
AG
I guess you can order ahead and pick up, it's not listed on their website but I have heard of people doing it, never tried it myself though.

Unless it's really bad weather, the line is usually fairly long, but it does move fast. I would recommend getting there before 8:30 to make sure they have everything as if you get there later trying to eat closer to noon they might run out of some things.

And yes you'll be eating before 10:30 if you're in line by 8-8:30 but suck it up, it's part of the experience. A little bbq for breakfast won't hurt ya.

It is really good and deserving of the fame it gets, even if I might rank Franklin's or truth a bit ahead.

And check out the TX monthly top 50 thread we have on here on the food and spirits board and look for posts where people went to snows to get a bit more info. I haven't been since last year, but I doubt much has changed.
Austintm
If you order ahead you can't eat it there
aggiedata
AG
Didn't realize they will ship BBQ to you. Nice website for a little ole place in Lexington

https://snowsbbq.com/meats/

bup
Tyrone_The_Tuna
AG
been to 6 places so far on the top 50 and Snows wins in a landslide. Really no comparison. Have been twice with the first being a 15 minute wait and the other being a 2 hour wait. As others have said, suck it up and have a big red
Jsimonds58
AG
I'm going on Saturday as well, I'm thinking I leave College station around 6:30
Fleff
AG
I would recommend getting there early or ordering it ahead of time. I am not sure if there is a $ limit to making an order, but if you aren't showing up early that is you best bet. Both time I went, i showed up around 9 and traveled back home with the BBQ wrapped in towels in a cooler, it traveled fine and was still hot when i got home. But i also ordered over $100 of BBQ, and didn't have them slice the brisket, i did that at home.
wadd96
AG
100% can tell you to call ahead... place your order and tell them what time you want to be there. I'd suggest 10AM or so. Go to the pit room and pick up your order. Tell Larissa that Travis said Hi and I'll see her in a couple of weeks.
All the God's, all the Heavens, all the Hells are within you.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.