Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Non-Stick Pans

3,057 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by eric76
TxAg20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are the Food board's favorite non-stick pans?

I'm looking to buy a couple of good ones for my wife. We had some Calphalon non-stick pans when we were first married, but the coating started to crack and flake off over time. I bought some All-Clad d5 pans a couple years ago, but my wife uses the smaller one a few times a week and the coating is peeling off around the rim for the 2nd time. Williams Sonoma replaced the first one with the same problem.

I'm not opposed to spending more for a non-stick pan that will last.
Vernada
AG
bought one of these from Ace about 3 years ago and it still looks new and more importantly, is non-stick as advertised:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003ZTNLL8/ref=psdc_289834_t1_B002P5THI4
HTownAg98
The restaurant supply pans are also about 1/3 the price and last just as long.
Bobcat-Ag
https://www.amazon.com/Tramontina-80114-536DS-Restaurant-Professional/dp/B01AHGMH34/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1544137639&sr=8-3&keywords=tramontina+non-stick+frying+pan

I have this one and really like it so far. Pretty cheap as well.
investorAg83
AG
Ace mart
/eot
aggielax48
AG
I've been happy with the one i bought from Sam's Club. It was maybe 20 bucks and still in perfect shape after about 6 months. For the price, if it just lasts a few years, throw it out and get a new one.
AgsMnn
AG
Cast Iron or GTFO

Just kidding

We have the HEB brand.
Van Buren Boy
AG
Anolon from amazon
FtBendTxAg
AG
I've had great luck with the t fal nonstick pan. It's about $30. And anolon work awesome and are tough.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
I have a scan pan I love
schmendeler
AG
I never think to go by restaurant supply stores since they all seem to have weird hours. (close at like 5pm during the week or like 1pm on Saturdays). they are said to have good options.

I found some decent induction-compatible non-stick skillets at ikea for a good price. just an FYI if that is convenient for you.
bigtruckguy3500
I've got a T fal from Walmart for $17 about 2 years ago. Still really non-stick. Not sure if it's good quality, or it's the fact that I don't really wash it that much and I mostly only use a silicone spatula in it. But I use it at least once a day.

Unfortunately a couple weeks ago I accidentally dropped a fork in it that nicked the teflon. Hope it doesn't start peeling from there, but so far so good.
eric76
AG
I have a non-stick pan that I use only for eggs. Nothing else at all.

For just about everything but eggs, I use a stainless steel pan.
TxAg20
AG
Update:
I bought my wife the Vollrath pan from Amazon which is linked early in this thread. It's been used to cook eggs 30-40 times and through the dishwasher about the same number of times. So far it's been great. The bottom has discolored a little, but that doesn't bother us. The non-stick coating is great and hasn't shown any signs of wear. My wife really likes the handle and the shape of the pan. Would definitely buy again.
eric76
AG
TxAg20 said:

Update:
I bought my wife the Vollrath pan from Amazon which is linked early in this thread. It's been used to cook eggs 30-40 times and through the dishwasher about the same number of times. So far it's been great. The bottom has discolored a little, but that doesn't bother us. The non-stick coating is great and hasn't shown any signs of wear. My wife really likes the handle and the shape of the pan. Would definitely buy again.
I've been told (I don't remember by whom) that proteins from meats can make non-stick pans start to stick. I don't know if it is true or not, but it seems to match my experiences.

I've cooked a lot of eggs in the non-stick pan I mentioned above and have never had any sticking. I usually add a small amount of butter, but even when I don't add butter, it doesn't stick. I cooked an egg in it today without adding butter and had no problem at all. When I do add butter, it is usually just a sliver of butter.

Yet, on nearly identical pans that I used for whatever I needed, it never took long for it to start sticking even with plenty of butter or other fats. It's easier to just use a stainless steel pan for everything other than eggs.

It's been more than twenty years since the last time I used a dishwasher. I keep the sink full of hot, soapy water and wash cooking utensils as I finished with them. Unless something needs to soak for a few minutes, I usually wash all the cooking utensils before I take the first bite of my food. That would be tough with a dishwasher.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.