Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

is this a decent knife?

1,260 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by amanda04
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
have an old gift card from sur la table that has enough left to basically pay for the full amount.

https://www.surlatable.com/product/PRO-3897642/Zwilling+JA+Henckels+Gourmet+Chefs+Knife?cat=cat2241642_Knife+Sale
aTm_bomb
AG
I've always viewed henckle and wusthauf as good quality German knives that will last a lifetime. Some people prefer Japanese but I think it's just preference.

I grew up with my parents using wusthauf and I've had my own for years and they hold a blade great.
Duncan Idaho
If it is comfortable in your hand, I'd buy it.

Hell I might swing buy the store to try one out
amanda04
AG
I have always used a santoku as my everyday knife and about a year ago, I came across the pro version of this knife that was also heavily discounted. I bought it thinking I'd use it occasionally and it has now switched to my go-to knife. The only difference I can see is that on the pro version the bolster is rounded and I love the way that small difference feels in the hand. So I can't speak specifically on the gourmet version but the Henckels knives in general are A+.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.