Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Winery Tours

1,520 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Tumble Weed
rooftop18403
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Got a tour/ tasting this weekend at a small winery outside of Athens. What's the best/ last winery tour you went on?
V8Aggie
AG
Well the most recent was Haak Winery just South of Houston. Very nice place and an interesting tour but I found their wines too sweet.

The best was Mudbrick on Weheiki Island, New Zealand. ( I doubt I am spelling this right)

We're spending Thanksgiving week in Napa so that should be exciting.
Tumble Weed
The one that keeps coming to mind is a small place in Sirince.

So much new technology has been adopted in wine making, but I am amazed at the quality that can be produced using the old methods.

JSKolache
AG
rooftop18403 said:

Got a tour/ tasting this weekend at a small winery outside of Athens. What's the best/ last winery tour you went on?
The ones with no tour + free tastings when you buy a bottle.
notheranymore
Wines that blew me away: White Rose in Oregon. Experience: Sterling in Napa
Federale01
AG
Santorini, Greece. Gaia Wines on the beach and Venetsanos on the cliff side overlooking the caldera. Amazing white wines and even more amazing views. I would go back in a heartbeat.
puryearag85
AG
Alto de la ballena in punta del este Uruguay
rooftop18403
rooftop18403 said:

I think yall misinterpreted my OP. When I said Athens I meant Athens, TX not Greece... "New Zealand, Sirince, Uruguay". Gotta love the food board.
Tumble Weed
Ok, ok. So we all get a little carried away reminiscing.

My last one was at narrow path winery outside of Stonewall TX. Brand new place, modern building takes advantage of the views. Hummingbirds were passing through and an intense battle scene erupted over the flowers. We kicked back on the patio and drank a bottle of wine while one hummingbird tried to dominate the entire area.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.