Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Coopers BBQ

5,880 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jvanbeek
chaca5151
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm hearing that Coopers BBQ is opening up in B/CS has anyone else heard this?
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
TXAG 05
AG
There is going to be one in Katy too.

Although if Kreuz couldn't make it in BCS, I don't see Coopers doing any better.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

There is going to be one in Katy too.

Although if Kreuz couldn't make it in BCS, I don't see Coopers doing any better.

Well they can start with a foot print appropriate for the business/location not three times bigger than needed
HTownAg98
Kreutz in B/CS was in a terrible location too.

I was shocked to find a Cooper's in downtown Austin. I was eating with a co-worker today at the one in New Braunfels, and he mentioned that there is one in downtown Austin. Sure enough, it is on the east side of Congress, south of 3rd Street. That is definitely a high rent district.
TxSquarebody
Would be awesome if they did!
Floor it until you see God
Austintm
HTownAg98 said:

Kreutz in B/CS was in a terrible location too.

I was shocked to find a Cooper's in downtown Austin. I was eating with a co-worker today at the one in New Braunfels, and he mentioned that there is one in downtown Austin. Sure enough, it is on the east side of Congress, south of 3rd Street. That is definitely a high rent district.
I work about a block from this COoper's. It does a really strong linch business, and decent at nights. The eating area downstairs is adequate but not huge, and they have an upstairs area that is more of a bar, music place.
Matsui
AG
Why did kreuz not make it in b/cs?
Austintm
Matsui said:

Why did kreuz not make it in b/cs?
Don't know, but the "Schmidt Family Barbeque" place they opened in Austin is incredibly inconsistent. I stop in from time to time, and it's always a crapshoot on whether I get good BBQ (good, never great) or something overcooked and dry.
Bulldog73
AG
I ate there once and was extremely unimpressed with everything I ate there. Sausage was a giant grease ball. Moist brisket was very bland, and I felt like it was expensive.
chaca5151
Yea I would agree the one in Lockhart wasnt any better.
Not everyone gets the same version of me. One person might tell you I have an amazing beautiful soul. Another might tell you I’m a cold-hearted a$$^ole. Believe them both. I don’t treat people badly. I treat them accordingly - unknown
lne2011
AG
Any idea when it's opening in Katy? I saw a couple of articles but they were from July and didn't mention any opening date. Guessing it won't be this year.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Coopers in College Station will be around 2818 and 6, emerald pkwy area
Martin Cash
AG
chaca5151 said:

There's no accounting for bad taste.
Long Live Sully
AG
Bulldog73 said:

I ate there once and was extremely unimpressed with everything I ate there. Sausage was a giant grease ball. Moist brisket was very bland, and I felt like it was expensive.
Correct... Coopers is blah overpriced BBQ
Cow Hop Ag and Bayside both say they are conservatives.
Bayside admits to being pro choice.
Bayside calls Cow Hop Ag a liberal because he's a moral man.

/ Charpie 4-13-18
TXAG 05
AG
lne2011 said:

Any idea when it's opening in Katy? I saw a couple of articles but they were from July and didn't mention any opening date. Guessing it won't be this year.

As far as I know, construction hasn't even started yet.
Austintm
chaca5151 said:

Ban poster. Revoke credentials.
TxAg20
AG
The Cooper's in Junction is awful. The one that used to be in San Angelo wasn't very good either. I don't know if those 2 have/had common ownership to the one in Llano.

I haven't always been impressed by the Cooper's in Llano, but I've never left disappointed.
Btron
AG
Cooper's home of over priced BBQ. I swear I got two ribs one time I in Llano and it was $13
chaca5151
Hahaha c'mon! Smitty K's was hands down way better you have to agree with me on that.

I had no issue with Coopers in Llano it was just as good in my opinion as the one in NB.
Mookie
AG
The only thing worth writing home about from coopers is the pork chop. Everything else is meh but that chop is good eating.
Austintm
In all honesty I haven't driven done to Lockhart in a couple of years. There is so much good BBQ in Austin now that it's hard to get motivated to drive to Lockhart.
country
AG
Don't ever eat Cooper's in Junction. Completely unrelated and is awful overpriced crap staying afloat by ignorant interstate traffic. Instead drive into Junction and eat at Lum's on Main Street. The ribs, sausage, turkey, and pork are very good. Brisket isn't the best but it's usually pretty decent. The price is better than any bbq place I've tried.
chaca5151
Yea me too man.... I love going to little bbq shacks.
jvanbeek
AG
Coopers has a nice building. Pay by the pound for the meat. Thought I would try ribs and just a taste of brisket (.25 pounds) to see what it was like. They gave a little over a pound of ribs and .43 pounds of brisket. I bought the small potato salad. No drink or dessert. $27.08 total for one person, one side. Of course more than a serving of meat.

The ribs were good. One was kind of chewy and I would expect tender. They weren't anything outstanding.

Brisket was pretty good. Again, nothing outstanding.

I did not really like the potato salad at all. A mustard potato salad that did not look that appetizing. Looked overly processed and ground up and poured in cup, but there were a few chunks of potato in it.

Pinto beans were free, serve yourself, as was the bread. They offer to dip meat in juice. Turn that down since it adds to the weight and cost. They have the juice with the beans and bread for free.

It seemed overpriced to me. Give me C&J's over this any day. Buying a plate is much cheaper. The meats at least as good. Fargo's has much better ribs. I think I like Rudy's a bit better if I had to choose. I will certainly not be a regular.
Jim VanBeek '85, '99
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.