Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Bones Steak House: Atlanta GA

1,872 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Chickenhawk
54 Blood Blue Blitz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am considering making a reservation to dine here while I am in town for the Auburn game. Any recommendations or thoughts on the overall experience? Is this a good choice or should I go somewhere else? Looking for a great place for date night. First time in Atlanta so any help would be great.
TP Ag '87
AG
Classic, time-honored place. Still 4.5 stars on Yelp.
Claude!
I've heard that Bones has gone downhill a little bit, but I've also never been. McKendrick's is a good alternative that I have been to, or perhaps Little Alley (they have a location in Roswell that's good, and also just opened one in the Buckhead area). Marcel is supposed to be super good (Alton Brown is a fan), but also super expensive.

If you want to get away from steak and maybe go a little cheaper, I'll always recommend South City Kitchen or Bistro Nico, both in Buckhead. Ray's in the City is also a good bet.
Ringo88
AG
I live here.
Bone's is great, blue blood southern gentleman, country club meet the guys for an expense account dinner good. Date night at Bone's? No.

For similar, but flashier, go to Chop's for steak or downstairs to Chops Lobster Bar for steak/seafood. McKendricks is very good, too.
Austintm
Rathbun"s for a date place
CMP-00-
AG
I do not recommend Bones. Many other great choices: Hal's, Chops Lobster Bar, Capital Grille Buckhead, Rathbun's Steak, Little Alley, Marcel's.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
54 Blood Blue Blitz
AG
I appreciate the feedback! I currently have reservations set at Bones, Chops, Rathbun's, and Marcel's. Will have to make a final choice in the next week or so!
Ringo88
AG
Way to cover your bases! Well-played.
AggieAdvisor16
AG
If you like Italian, I would recommend Sotto Sotto. Definitely a great date spot and incredible food.
Ric Flair
I've only been to Atlanta once for a work trip, and we ate at a place called South City Kitchen. It was excellent, and I've been trying to find a reason to go back to Atlanta just so I can eat there again. I have recommended to a few people.....never had anyone disappointed.
Kool
AG
Ric Flair said:

I've only been to Atlanta once for a work trip, and we ate at a place called South City Kitchen. It was excellent, and I've been trying to find a reason to go back to Atlanta just so I can eat there again. I have recommended to a few people.....never had anyone disappointed.
Bones makes a good steak, but it is a pretty stiff environment. McKendrick's is a great steak as well. Plus one on South City Kitchen for something a little different.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggieAdvisor16
AG
I will also second South City Kitchen. Great southern style food. Fried green tomatoes and buttermilk fried chicken were great. Definitely my second favorite restaurant I went to there behind Sotto Sotto.
GeorgiAg
AG
I grew up in Atlanta and live in Midtown currently. Bones and Chops/Lobster Bar are on equal footing in my opinion. Hals, McKendricks is next. South City Kitchen (Midtown) is a block away and is my Sunday Brunch go-to. Cafe Intermezzo has a good breakfast too.
Yeah, yeah, I voted for this. :(
Garrelli 5000
AG
Ray's in the City has kick-ass shrimp and grits!
Take the trash out staff.
Chickenhawk
Ray's in the city has been a go to date night for my wife and i.

I used to love dantanna's, but it seems it has gone downhill the past few years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.