Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Selling rare scotch?

1,146 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by An Ag in CO
TamuKid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy! Posted on the Outdoors board and they clued me into this board. My grandpa (West Point grad, retired USAF fighter pilot, Vietnam veteran, and all-around badass) passed away a few months ago after a ~3 year battle with blood cancer (because colon, skin, and prostate cancer all got their asses kicked by him). His wife of 60 years found some bottles of scotch he had bought but never opened. My grandma could really use the money at this point and is not a scotch drinker.

Anyone have any experience selling decently rare scotch? What/where is the best avenue to do so?

For example, he had a Macallen 25 Anniversary Malt, distilled in 1970, bottled in 1996. Still in the pine presentation case. Looking around online I see auctions/listed for sale from a wide range, $1500-$6500. Not sure how to gauge real value/price point with such a large spread... not sure the best way to "list" it for sale somewhere.
bmc13
AG
don't have an answer for you, but interested in hearing one.
An Ag in CO
AG
http://www.lawhiskeysociety.com/pages/information-rare-old-whiskey-value
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.