Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Brazos - Proper Texas Kitchen (New Rest.)

3,432 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jja79
zachhow9
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy! Anyone been to Brazos-Proper Texas Kitchen yet? Looking for a new place to try this Friday evening with some family and friends.
jja79
AG
You know Chef you should probably post this on the Aggieland board.
Tailgate88
AG
jja79 said:

You know Chef you should probably post this on the Aggieland board.
schmendeler
AG
is it "brazos-proper" texas kitchen?

or

"brazos" - proper texas kitchen
DTP02
AG
The latter.
schmendeler
AG
I see
cowenlaw
AG
My wife and I ate there the night before the Kentucky game. Food was really good, and they give you a ton of it.

Meal was served family style. Started with a Ceasar salad, a deviled egg, and a small cup of black bean soup.

For the main course they served Wagyu brisket, fried chicken, and salmon. The fried chicken was the best I ever had.

Also served two desserts.

Way too much food for 2 people, but it was really good.
jja79
AG
I don't see that on the menu. Is that something special?
Tee
AG
Went this week. Only patrons in restaurant. Fried chicken on menu. It was great. Caesar salad better. Very nice waiter. Need better parking situation.
Wicked Good Ag
Bump. Went today. Not exactly sure what to think. Food was good. Wife had Cobb salad and I had the chicken fried buffalo steak. We like both. Could have done without Pea salad on top of CFS and the gravy wasn't typical. Dessert not bad. Service was interesting in that a couple of things were done that aren't typical. I can't put my finger on it but I think the limited menu coupled with weird serving system they used but probably won't go back unless menu gets larger. I guess I don't know what they are trying to be and based upon the lack of patrons I think many are thiking the same
jja79
AG
That wasn't CFS then. Pea salad doesn't belong on the same table as CFS.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.