Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

SA kid friendly resturant

1,963 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BEaggie08
reproag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stopping in SA on our way to the Frio and looking for a place to eat with 3 little ones.

Looking HERE and was thinking of trying Two Bros Meat Market. Like the play ground and patio but how is the food. Any other recommendations. We are staying on the west side or town if that helps. TIA
I will NEVER apologize for being American
Belton Ag
AG
My first thought was Magic Time Machine, but that isn't exactly a "stop in on the way to the frio for a bite to eat" kind of place. I don't think its open except for dinner.
TXAG 05
AG
Belton Ag said:

My first thought was Magic Time Machine, but that isn't exactly a "stop in on the way to the frio for a bite to eat" kind of place. I don't think its open except for dinner.

I thought that place closed down 20 years ago.

I would say Alamo Cafe. They at least used to give out crayons and a menu to color on
Belton Ag
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Belton Ag said:

I thought that place closed down 20 years ago.

I would say Alamo Cafe. They at least used to give out crayons and a menu to color on
Nope. Still there, and I can't get anywhere near San Antonio with my kids without going there.
reproag
AG
Was looking for more of an outdoor play area with decent eats. Most restaurants have crayons and activity sheets.
I will NEVER apologize for being American
mike073
AG
The Sea Island on I35 in the forum has a nice playscape as does the one on I 10
Gig 'em Aggies!

Husky Boy Jr.
AG
Bigz is pretty good when we are in SA with a crap ton of kids running around unsupervised - so lots of fun for them.
ATM9000
AG
Belton Ag said:

I know it isn't really abt the food, but I went there with my daughter a couple years ago and it was quite possibly the worst dinner I've ever had from an actual food standpoint and that isn't an exaggeration.
Belton Ag
AG
ATM9000 said:

Belton Ag said:

I know it isn't really abt the food, but I went there with my daughter a couple years ago and it was quite possibly the worst dinner I've ever had from an actual food standpoint and that isn't an exaggeration.
That's wierd. All of the times I've been the food has been fine. Yeah, I've never been for the food alone but the only real complaint I've had is that it's overpriced for what it is, just kind of average tasting food.

I mean, I've had some really rotten meals in my time. One at some hole in the wall in Vernal Utah that tasted really bad and ended up making me terribly sick, I've made some dinners at home before that tasted horrible and had to be thrown out. None of those can compare to Magic Time Machine.

You must've been unlucky to have gone at the wrong time.
ATM9000
AG
Belton Ag said:

ATM9000 said:

Belton Ag said:

That's wierd. All of the times I've been the food has been fine. Yeah, I've never been for the food alone but the only real complaint I've had is that it's overpriced for what it is, just kind of average tasting food.

I mean, I've had some really rotten meals in my time. One at some hole in the wall in Vernal Utah that tasted really bad and ended up making me terribly sick, I've made some dinners at home before that tasted horrible and had to be thrown out. None of those can compare to Magic Time Machine.

You must've been unlucky to have gone at the wrong time.

It was the only place I've been where the food reminded me of the cheap buffet Eddie takes Clark to in Vegas Vacation
Bigmac00
AG
Momaks is also a great place for good burgers and a big play area for the kids.
bunlundun
AG
Kid friendly restaurants are one thing we miss about SA.

Bigz is casual and has cold beer and good burgers. Their yard is all turf and kids typically run around and play ball etc. They have a location of of 151.

If Helotes is within reach, El Chapparal has a large shady patio on a massive lotlot. There used to be a playscape on the lot. Good place for some Margaritas and watch your kiddos.
jgh85Ag
AG
MTM, ate there 5 years ago. Terrible food and very expensive .
Slicer97
AG
There are several McDonald's in SA. It barely resembles real food, but since that seems to be less important than "kid-friendly", go with that. It doesn't really get more kid-friendly than MickyD's because kids are pretty damn stupid when it comes to dining options.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Slicer97 said:

There are several McDonald's in SA. It barely resembles real food, but since that seems to be less important than "kid-friendly", go with that. It doesn't really get more kid-friendly than MickyD's because kids are pretty damn stupid when it comes to dining options.

Wut
agenjake
Two Bros is bad ass.
BEaggie08
AG
La Hacienda de los Barrios. Pretty decent spot for mexican, with an outdoor playground off to the side of the very large outdoor seating area.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.