Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Anyone use a grocery app?

2,764 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SJEAg
Red Fishing Ag93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just researching them now, and there are so many options. How do you like the one you have?
T-HARGUS
AG
Our family uses Cozi.

* multiple lists
* share with other family members
* calendar also
* Free
ORAggieFan
We use Cozi as well.
Koko Chingo
AG
Google Keep is great for a grocery list app - checklist option, If you are using a device in the store just press the box next to the item and it is checked off the list. It is very easy to share. Because its Google, if you have a gmail address you already have a Google Keep account. It syncs to all of your devices including desktop.

What is awesome is the reminders. Besides a date/time reminder, you can set a location reminder. For example, if I set the location to the HEB by my house. When I pull into the parking lot a notification appears on my phone asking me if I want to open the list or be reminded next time.

The whole family uses the app to keep our lists updated. We used to have a small whiteboard.

Honorable mention: The HEB app. The app and the website sync. If you print the list it will sort items by aisle number. I use it during the holidays when I am visiting family and shop in an HEB that has a different layout than the one back home.

*** Google Keep is awesome and more useful than just a grocery list app.
rhoswen
AG
We use OurGroceries. We both can access/edit it, it has multiple lists, you can add images (useful when you have to show your husband *exactly* what to get), AND it works with Alexa.

I've made suggestions to them on features i'd like to see and they were very receptive.
Red Fishing Ag93
AG
Thanks for the replies.

It seems like I've seen some that will populate recipes when you have all the ingredients for it and give other recipe or menu ideas as well.

Do any apps do that well, too?
rhoswen
AG
On OurGroceries you can add recipes but it doesn't suggest any.
Sorrell Booke
We use AnyList and like it.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
I use the H-E-B app. Can create multiple lists and places everything in order by isle when you set your store.
AgEng06
AG
Another vote for OurGroceries. We've been using it for a few years now, and it works really well. I actually use it for all kinds of lists, not just groceries.
dustin999
AG
We use grocery gadget. I've tried others but they just sorta suck, not easy to use. Grocery gadget has some weird bugs that I hate, but on the positive side, you can add new products and assign to aisles, and organize your aisles in the store so everything is in order.

I found it easiest to use despite the bugs, and you can do a family account to share lists (including syncing if you're both shopping same time).
cjsag94
AG
Listonic

Categorizes everything, multiple lists.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Tried the HEB app today
Got a 3.50 box of cheerios for free
I know my heb better than the people that work there so the lists are worthless

Still don't get how people coupon and save so much at heb as they don't double or triple coupons like other stores
nonag97
I don't remember life before OurGroceries. And as someone else mentioned, I use it for way more than just grocery shopping: trip planning, gift list, important stuff to remember, to-do, random other stuff I need to buy, movies and tv shows people recommend to me...
TexAg2001
AG
Wife and I used to use Cozi, but now we use Copy Me That. We are able to find recipes online and add them to the app. You create a meal plan by pinning the recipe to the day you are going to prepare it. It will then create shopping lists that you can sort by meal or by product type (and toggle back and forth). When it is time to cook, you pull up the app, click on the meal and it will go directly to the website the recipe came from and give you step by step instructions. You can also easily add items to your shopping list that aren't a part of any recipes (toiletries, pantry staples, etc).

We share an account so either of us can log into it at any time and add/modify. Oh, and it's free.
SJEAg
AG
OurGroceries as well...simple, a clean non-spammy interface (although I did pay for the + version), and it works.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.