Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Flank steak pinwheels

1,437 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by bmc13
AgsMnn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Need an easy recipe for these.

schmendeler
AG
I've never heard of them.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Go to Central Market or HEB. Follow directions on package.

(I'm kidding, but I see a ton of these things at those two stores. I've never tried them.)
nonag97
Easy would be whatever you have in your kitchen that would taste good rolled up into meat. The possibilities are endless.
MD1993
AG
I do something similar to this. I just don't use sour cream. Basically flatten steal with mallet. Spread stuff you like on the meat, roll up, use toothpicks and cut into one inches sections. I grill them till done.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/spinach-flank-steak-pinwheels/amp/
AgsMnn
AG
Think I am doing this but with cream cheese instead of sour cream.
Trinity Ag
S
Rolled Flank Steak

- Cook some bacon about 3/4 done -- leaving it soft (about 9 minutes in a 400* oven)

- Pound the flank steak thin and uniformly flat with a tenderizing hammer (the one with small teeth)

- sprinkle with black pepper, a little kosher salt (not too much - the bacon will provide the salt) and chopped fresh parsley

- Lay the strips of bacon along the flattened flank steak, and then roll it up tightly, securing it about every inch with a tooth pick

- slice between the toothpicks, forming 1" thick pinwheels

Grill over high heat, 2-3 minutes a side (medium rare) or to desired doneness
bbry81
Spinach arugula Parm and mozzarella is what I make and they are my daughters favorite thing I make but I use thin cut ribeye or my strip
AgsMnn
AG
Do you grill them?
bmc13
AG
I'm imagining these deep-fried
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.