Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Pick some recipes

2,082 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Keeper of The Spirits
Keeper of The Spirits
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have the entire week of 4th of July off but my wife doesn't, so I am going too cook some great meals from my cookbooks, what are your favorite recipes from:

Ad Hoc at Home
Milk Bar
Food Lab
Paul Prudhommes Louisiana Kitchen
My Two Souths
Rick Bayless Mexican Everyday
Eataly
The Joy of Cooking
Bruce Almighty
AG
Ad hoc: fried chicken and potato pave
Food Lab: French onion soup, pot roast, meatloaf, fried fish
Rick Bayless: Achiote pork
Txmoe
AG
RB's Mexican Everyday: Grilled Chicken Salad with Rustic Guacamole (p. 106)

The star of this recipe is the fresh cilantro lime dressing you make that serves as the marinade for the chicken, dressing for the salad and base for the guacamole. Great flavors, easy and it's a salad so you're wife will be happy.

Keeper of The Spirits
AG
My wife likes salad but she would kill for the perfect French bread and sauce to dip it in.
Tecolote
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

The Joy of Cooking
Lemon meringue pie
aggiespartan
AG
Milk Bar - chocolate chip cake with coffee icing and passion fruit curd
HTownAg98
Ad hoc: everything except the caramel ice cream. It has failed everytime I've made it.
Mexican Everyday: all of the salad dressings and salsas are great. The grilled roadside chicken and the chipotle meatballs are awesome.
normaleagle05
AG
At the beginning of the week I'd say make the "Four Secret Weapons..." from More Mexican Everyday.

Green Chile Adobo (our favorite)
Quick Red Chile Adobo
Roasted Garlic Mojo
Sweet-Sour Dark Chipotle Seasoning

They make everything more awesome when they're already at hand.
Bruce Almighty
AG
The roasted garlic mojo makes great garlic bread or tossed with pasta.

For a badass sandwich, make the chipotle meatballs, and make a sub with roasted poblanos and Monterey Jack cheese. Put it under the broiler until cheese is bubbly.
HTownAg98
Damn you. That sounds awesome.
EFE
AG
aggiespartan said:

We ordered the wedding cake tasting last week and that was the only one in the box that was a hard no for both of us. Maybe it didn't ship well, but the passion fruit and chocolate didn't play well in our servings.
aggiespartan
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

aggiespartan said:

We ordered the wedding cake tasting last week and that was the only one in the box that was a hard no for both of us. Maybe it didn't ship well, but the passion fruit and chocolate didn't play well in our servings.
I thought the tartness of the passionfruit and the bitterness of the chocolate and coffee was great. I'm not sure that i would want a shipped cake. Surely you could find someone local to do something similar for you.
EFE
AG
I don't think a cake from a local shop would travel well.
aggiespartan
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

I don't think a cake from a local shop would travel well.
I have no idea what you're talking about. If you are going to be having the cake in NYC, I would give it another shot. Or at least make it yourself when you are looking for a baking project.

Regardless, I wouldn't want anything with curd (or anything perishable) shipped. I know they use dry ice and whatnot, but I still wouldn't trust it. I don't think I've made that cake for anyone that didn't like the flavor combination.

I had the birthday cake in Vegas, and I still prefer the taste when making it small batch. I have been doing a lot of different flavor combinations, though, that aren't necessarily normal.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Start early with the bolognese sauce in some lasagna and fresh pasta from Eataly

This pic kinda sucks but it tastes great. I could have skimmed more fat out
Agasaurus Tex
AG
Paul Prudhomme's barbecued shrimp. It's not BBQ but damn good. And pick up some French bread to soak up the juice.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG

I am going to serve the chicken cold and also made the ad hoc vanilla ice cream, with 10 egg yolks it's rich AF
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.