Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Bananas foster

1,350 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by NoHo Hank
Bluecat_Aggie94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Going to try to make it for some guests this weekend.

Any recipes and tips?
Bruce Almighty
AG
Just google Brennan's banana foster recipe. It's what I always make and everyone loves it.
schmendeler
AG
possibly my favorite all time dessert. surprisingly easy. just don't use bananas with any green on them.
EFE
AG
Pro tip- Sub strawberries for bananas, it'll blow your mind
schmendeler
AG
It's hard to imagine strawberries with a spicy, dark, caramelized sugar taste. I'd be willing to try it, though!
EFE
AG
The fianc hates bananas, but our favorite nice restaurant down here specializes in a great bananas foster. One night our waiter hits us up for dessert as the table next to us is getting flambe'd. She tells him about hating bananas and he asks if he can try it with strawberries, would we be his guinea pigs? We agree and now it's an off menu item that all of the waiters have learned. They sub extra rum instead of adding banana liqueur.
schmendeler
AG
Sounds like a winner
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
I'll give the strawberries a shot. Everyone is right, super easy recipe that was a huge hit.

Funny thing is that I can't remember ever having bananas foster before, so not sure why I got the itch to make it. Fire maybe?

Will be a regular in my rotation.
FIDO*98*
AG
Peaches would be another non-banana option, especially this time of year. I prefer it over the bananas. Add a handful of chopped pecans too if you go this route
Tumble Weed
FIDO*98* said:

Peaches would be another non-banana option, especially this time of year. I prefer it over the bananas. Add a handful of chopped pecans too if you go this route
I am going to try this out.
NoHo Hank
AG
I love Brennan's recipe. Super easy to make, doesn't take long, and god it's amazing with vanilla ice cream.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.