Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

bud light orange

2,794 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bruce Almighty
rlb28
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
not a big drinker, but was picking up some beer Saturday and saw Bud Light Orange. Thoughts on taste, good or bad?
Ornlu
AG
Tastes like watered down baby vomit.
rhoswen
AG
I actually don't mind it. It's better than the Lime. Not spectacular by any standard but it's a decent summertime by-the-pool beer.
Txmoe
AG
Didn't hate it but wouldn't drink it again. Thought it would be Bud's version of a Blue Moon but the orange flavor is too strong and tastes artificial.

Karbach's new Blood Orange Radler, on the other hand, is really good and even more orange-y.
rlb28
AG
rhoswen said:

I actually don't mind it. It's better than the Lime. Not spectacular by any standard but it's a decent summertime by-the-pool beer.
yeah, i'm not in favor of the BL lime either.
G. hirsutum Ag
AG
Their blood orange raddler is awesome. Shiner sea light and lime is really good too.
RK
AG
I drank a load of the orange raddler and tasty waves at the beach last week. Great summer beerz.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Isn't Blue Moon Bud Light's Blue Moon?
MathNewman06
AG
Blue moon is MillerCoors
ChipFTAC01
AG
That's right. I guess Shock Top is AB
ag88man
AG
Bud light always tastes a little sweet to me. I had one of those orange bud lights; it reminded me of Kool-aid. If that's what you are looking for, go for it.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I had one of those orange radlers ast night. Didn't even taste like a beer.
TXAG 05
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

It seems the trend right now is to make beer that tastes like anything but beer.
RK
AG
Basically like drinking Fresca with some booze in it.
Txmoe
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

A radler is the same thing as a shandy: a 50/50 (or 60/40) mix of beer and juice or soda, so it shouldn't taste like beer. I rejected them (and ciders) for a long time before finally admitting that some of them are pretty darn good if you're looking for an alternative to beer.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Interesting. I had no idea. That explains it.
CrawfordAg
AG
Real Ale's Gose (lime or grapefruit) are a great change of pace on a hot summer day. The sour really balances out any of the sweetness you get from the fruit.
slappy
AG
Some don't like it, but Ruby Redbird tastes good to me on the river. Leinie's Summer Shandy is okay - but I don't feel like I'm drinking beer.
ElCheAg
AG
Tastes like Sunkist. I enjoy it.

Prefer Blood Orange Radler by Karbach though.
62strat
AG
Txmoe said:

Didn't hate it but wouldn't drink it again. Thought it would be Bud's version of a Blue Moon but the orange flavor is too strong and tastes artificial.

Budweiser's new Blood Orange Radler, on the other hand, is really good and even more orange-y.

FIFY
Txmoe
AG
62strat said:

Txmoe said:

Budweiser's new Blood Orange Radler, on the other hand, is really good and even more orange-y.

FIFY
Fair point! I hated that Karbach sold out to InBev but I can't honestly say that I would be able to turn down however many millions they got. Still, they make some of my favorite beers so...
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

It seems the trend right now is to make beer that tastes like anything but beer.

I think the goal is to get those of us who don't like beer (there, I said it) to try it. I've drank BLL before and couldn't find it recently. Its about the only beer I'll drink so I'll try the orange.

I've tried just about every beer there is. I've made it a mission to drink an entire case over a few days to develop the taste. Nothing seems to work. I'm just one of those who do not like beer -- or most alcoholic drinks for that matter.
jja79
AG
Is this what the world has come to? Youngsters preferring radlers and shandys to beer?
62strat
AG
Txmoe said:

ChipFTAC01 said:

A radler is the same thing as a shandy: a 50/50 (or 60/40) mix of beer and juice or soda, so it shouldn't taste like beer. I rejected them (and ciders) for a long time before finally admitting that some of them are pretty darn good if you're looking for an alternative to beer.
A radler is a type of shandy. Shandy is beer mixed with any soft drink/juice; radler is specifically sparkling lemonade.
62strat
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

I've tried just about every beer there is. I've made it a mission to drink an entire case over a few days to develop the taste.
I found your problem; Good beer isn't sold by the case.
Bruce Almighty
AG
In the 80s, it was wine coolers, in the 90s, it was Zima.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.