Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Bourbon Barrel Private Selection

1,158 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by vanderhoosen
aad03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know some of y'all have gone through the process of selecting a specific barrel at the distillery to be bottled and sent to a local liquor store. I assume Nasa is very familiar with the process, but are there any other Houston/Katy liquor stores y'all would recommend for this whole process? I've talked to a couple different people at nearby Spec's locations, and they have no idea what I'm talking about. It would be from Wild Turkey, in case anyone has experience with that specific process.
Class of '03
Ringo88
AG
If you have permission from the distillery to do this, then you can direct it to any store you like. Most store owners will be thrilled to accept the business. PRE-NEGOTIATE what the retail per-bottle price will be to you. Also, figure out which relationship will benefit you most when it comes to allocated items in the Fall!
Partner wisely.
schmellba99
AG
Flak's over in Clear Lake has done it with Elijah Craig. Blind Pig has done it with various bourbons as well. There are a lot of them that have done it. If your interest is picking a barrel, I suggest getting with a smaller store and discussing with the owner on what you are looking to do and getting an agreement with them.
jh0400
AG
Tony K's has been known to have Reserve 101 picks in stock in the past.

ETA: Are you looking for a Russell's Reserve store pick?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
russell's reserve store picks have saturated the houston market lately so i wouldn't expect them to sell like hotcakes
aad03
AG
Not looking to sell these. Looking to enjoy my own barrel for years to come. Got in touch with the right guy at WT yesterday and the ball is rolling.
Class of '03
aggiemike89
AG
Check with Ayman and M&R. He's done a BT pick which is very good.
vanderhoosen
AG
The M&R BT pick was very good. Kaissar said they may try and do a 1792 in the near future. I live right by the Louetta / Grant store.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.