Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Distilleries

1,637 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dmart90
Spore Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Titos is probably the most well known distillery in Texas for Vodka. Lots of discussion over Texas whiskey/bourbon but who recognizes other distillery of rum, gin, tiquilla or vodka.
Propane & Accessories
AG
Deep Eddy is fairly decent, they have a former distillery turned distribution hub in the dripping springs area. You can get a cocktail (fairly expensive 10 bucks but you keep the glass) or a vodka flight it is fairly decent.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Tito's doesnt distill. They buy bulk neutral grain spirits at 90 proof, then run it through their "show" still to proof it down. They do not mash or ferment.

Maybe at one time they did, but not anymore, they simply water down someone else's product.

The best distillery in Houston is Whitmeyer's, and possibly the state.
Snowball
AG
Treaty Oak in Dripping Springs is outstanding. They have a really impressive grounds with a large outdoor patio. They serve beer and great cocktails with their own gin, rum, whiskey and a new experimental bourbon. They also have a great restaurant (Ghost Hill) that does decent BBQ and gastropub style eats.

Check it out here:

Treaty Oak
HTownAg98
It is also overrun with families with small children on the weekends, if that is your thing.
I'll never understand why bringing kids to a distillery is an acceptable thing, but I guess it's just me.
Ulrich
I like the Copper Shot moonshine distillery in Bastrop. Pretty cool location and grounds and booze.
Duncan Idaho
Ulrich said:

I like the Copper Shot moonshine distillery in Bastrop. Pretty cool location and grounds and booze.

You mean vodka latest marketing ploy?
Ulrich
Duncan Idaho said:

Ulrich said:

You mean vodka latest marketing ploy?

Don't care had alcohol
ToddyHill
AG
My guess is the Grain Neutral Spirits they're purchasing are in the neighborhood of 190-192 proof.
AlaskanAg99
AG
ToddyHill said:

My guess is the Grain Neutral Spirits they're purchasing are in the neighborhood of 190-192 proof.

Correct, somehow I missed the '1'. Either way, Titos is bull*****

And vodka sucks in general.
Spore Ag
What about a rum distillery like Ralian in San Leon which nearby is a great oyster bar.
AlaskanAg99
AG
I want to go down there, but it's a helluva drive from the west side.
62strat
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Tito's doesnt distill. They buy bulk neutral grain spirits at 90 proof, then run it through their "show" still to proof it down. They do not mash or ferment.

Maybe at one time they did, but not anymore, they simply water down someone else's product.

The best distillery in Houston is Whitmeyer's, and possibly the state.
And as I heard the story, there were two guys running Tito's, and one of them didn't agree with not using local ingredients, so that guy left and started his own brand..

Dripping Springs.
rhoswen
AG
Spore Ag said:

What about a rum distillery like Ralian in San Leon which nearby is a great oyster bar.

I like getting drunk there.
rilloaggie
AG
http://www.ironrootrepublic.com

I haven't had the chance to sample any of their booze but I went to high school with one of the guys who started it. Some of you north Texas folks need to give me a report!
dmart90
AG
http://www.boxcarwhiskey.com/

In College Station. Decent whiskey and bourbon.
“Ambition is when you expect yourself to close the gap between what you have and what you want.

Entitlement is when you expect others to close the gap between what you have and what you want.”— James Clear
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.