Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Favorite K-cups?

3,872 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Texker
Objective Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Realizing that Keurigs are not the best coffee available, but they are the most practical - - I wanted to start this thread on which k-cups people like.

A few of my favorites:

also liked these two but they both seem less than full strength, like there's not enough coffee in the pod or something (which is odd because they both have teh same non-standard k-cup pod that is eco friendly)

I've tried all kinds, but these have been my favorites. The Donut SHop brand is good, but there are a slew of knock-offs that are not the same. Starbucks was overpriced in my opinion.

So while I may prefer the medium to bold roasts, curious to see what others recommend and enjoy?

big ben
AG
Donut shop blend
Bruce Almighty
AG
Dunkin Donuts original blend
bushytailed
AG
The dark roast from Aldi
Objective Aggie
AG
bushytailed said:

The dark roast from Aldi

Yeah. That's one is good too.
ftworthag02
AG
H-E-B cafe ole flavors taste of San Antonio, Texas pecan, taste of Houston, Columbian
https://www.heb.com/category/shop/food-and-drinks/drinks/coffee-tea-and-cocoa/single-cup-coffee-and-drinks/3088/26429
jetch17
AG
DiskoTroop
ftworthag02 said:

H-E-B cafe ole flavors taste of San Antonio, Texas pecan, taste of Houston, Columbian
https://www.heb.com/category/shop/food-and-drinks/drinks/coffee-tea-and-cocoa/single-cup-coffee-and-drinks/3088/26429

The San Antonio blend is a new fav in our household.

Black Rifle Coffee Company CAF and Just Black are also great.
John1248
AG
Recently tried the Mcafe and was surprised I liked it.
bam02
AG
HEB Sumatra
aznaggiegirl07
AG
starbucks pike's place
docaggie
AG
Mystic Monk
Mysticmonkcoffee.com
They're a monastery in Wyoming or one of the Dakotas who roast really awesome coffees.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Fall92
AG
Community Coffee Breakfast Blend.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
rhoswen
AG
McCafe & Kroger mountain blend
bushytailed
AG
The San Antonio blend is solid
p-wonk01
AG
Have purchased a mixed bag on Amazon of 4 Lavazza kcups recently.
Martin Cash
AG
Objective Aggie said:

Realizing that Keurigs are not the best coffee available, but they are the most practical - - I wanted to start this thread on which k-cups people like.

Most practical? Do you consider paying $50 for a pound of coffee practical?
Objective Aggie
AG
BQ75 said:

Objective Aggie said:

Practical is not completely a financial metric.
  • No mess.
  • Easy to get to just a single serving.
  • Easy to get two cups quickly when you have people who want dramatically different blends

Obviously it is not the cheapest format, but you never have wasted coffee. You don't need filters. There is almost no clean-up. And it offers a wide wide variety of pretty good quality coffees. So yeah, that's practical.

I typically get k-cups for $0.50 each. That's not super cheap, but way less than Starbucks or even McDonalds. So there's that.
FarmerJohn
AG
Community coffee is the best I've found. I go for their Cafe Special. With any K-cup, don't brew more than 6 ounces. If you want more coffee, brew two.
'03ag
San Francisco Bay. Their french roast is the only non-starbucks K-cup that will brew a strong enough cup. $.30/each at Costco.
MooreTrucker
AG
illy

https://www.illy.com/en-us/shop/
MichaelJ
AG
My favorite kcup is one in the trash
Bruce Almighty
AG
I surprised it took this long for the k-cup bashing post.
suburban cowboy
AG
Dunkin Donuts Original Blend
Green Mountain Medium Roast
HEB Texas Pecan
McDonalds Medium Roast
Starbucks Pikes Place

Have yet to try the other HEB kcups mentioned

2aggiesmom
We drink Cafe Bustela now. I only drink one cup per day so I want good strong coffee.
AggieBarstool
BQ75 said:

Objective Aggie said:

Usually, price is the trade-off for something that's easy/convenient/practical. So yes, it can expensive but practical.
FIDO*98*
AG
Folgers Black Silk is shockingly decent
WaltonAg18
AG
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MIJX3ZU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These are great! It's the Brooklyn Beans variety pack, their flavors are really strong, my wife didn't even add sugar to them for once. $21 for a 40 count makes it even better.
No one should have to work to survive. Your right to life should not depend solely on your ability to produce capital.
lostrg
K cups can go to the trash
Ogre09
AG
San Francisco Bay was mentioned earlier. Their Fog Chaser blend is my go to. Strong, bold, smooth, and cheap. Just like I like my women.
Texker
AG
I rarely drink coffee but the wife does so we have a Keurig. She likes Angelino's so we have a subscription that we can turn off and on at will. We usually buy 2 boxes (24 per box) so the total for each order is $24.95 shipped. I think we have a referral code that can help us both if anyone is interested. I'll go find the referral code and post it. They also have a sample pack offer for about $5.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.