Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Just got a Ninja. Recipes?

1,681 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Eliminatus
Eliminatus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What are yall go tos for breakfast/general meal replacement recipes?
Icecream_Ag
S
I prefer to set them on my enemies, but if you are going to use one for food prep, just make sure you have a food tester for safety reasons.
Texker
AG
Eliminatus said:

What are yall go tos for breakfast/general meal replacement recipes?
Just purchased one as well. We are going to compile a smoothie recipe book. Wife has pulled a couple of recipes off the web and adjusted to taste. Awesome stuff.
94DallasAG
AG
Purely for heath, not taste, I blend this every day (2 blender bottles):

2-3 medium carrots
1/2 regular sized beet
Couple of handfuls of greens (kale/spinach/chards)
1/2 cup blueberries or other fruit
scoop of ground flax seed meal
Fill with water

Once blended I'll add some protein powder to somewhat offset the taste.

I've been doing this for about 5 years and my Ninja still works like the day I bought it. Awesome purchase.
Eliminatus
AG
94DallasAG said:

2-3 medium carrots
1/2 regular sized beet
Fill with water

I've been doing this for about 5 years and my Ninja still works like the day I bought it. Awesome purchase.
Thanks. Sounds like exactly what I was looking for.

This Ninja is awesome. I have a Vitamix 6300 I spent north of $700 for a few years ago. Have used it maybe 10 times. I look at that, then at my Ninja and kick myself. Not to take away from the Vitamix...but it just wasn't what I needed. Just what I wanted at the time. Oops.
schmendeler
AG
Eliminatus said:

94DallasAG said:

2-3 medium carrots
1/2 regular sized beet
Fill with water

This Ninja is awesome. I have a Vitamix 6300 I spent north of $700 for a few years ago. Have used it maybe 10 times. I look at that, then at my Ninja and kick myself. Not to take away from the Vitamix...but it just wasn't what I needed. Just what I wanted at the time. Oops.

I'll give you $20 for the Vitamix
Icecream_Ag
S
schmendeler said:

Eliminatus said:

94DallasAG said:

2-3 medium carrots
1/2 regular sized beet
Fill with water

I'll give you $20 for the Vitamix
$21 bob
Bruce Almighty
AG
$30
gif
94DallasAG said:

2-3 medium carrots
1/2 regular sized beet
Fill with water

I do pretty much the exact same thing every morning.

I like to by large quantities of kale, spinach, celery, beets, carrots and other veggies. Then I blend them individually with a little water so they can break down, then put them in muffin tins to freeze. In the morning I'll take a veggie puck out for my desired flavor(usually kale, carrot & beet) and blend in an individual bottle blender with 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 banana, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt and thin it out with non fat mootopia milk from HEB.

The ninja works great breaking the veggies down, and this process keeps the veggies from going bad in your fridge.

94DallasAG
AG
I Like That said:

94DallasAG said:

2-3 medium carrots
1/2 regular sized beet
Fill with water

I like to by large quantities of kale, spinach, celery, beets, carrots and other veggies. Then I blend them individually with a little water so they can break down, then put them in muffin tins to freeze. In the morning I'll take a veggie puck out for my desired flavor(usually kale, carrot & beet) and blend in an individual bottle blender with 1/2 cup blueberries, 1 banana, 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt and thin it out with non fat mootopia milk from HEB.

The ninja works great breaking the veggies down, and this process keeps the veggies from going bad in your fridge.

I chop the carrots and beets on Sunday's and put them in individual containers in the freezer. That way I just have to pull them out each day and drop them in the Ninja with the rest and blend. It makes it much quicker.

The muffin idea is quirky but effective. I would never have thought of smoothing like that.
Eliminatus
AG
I Like That said:

94DallasAG said:

2-3 medium carrots
1/2 regular sized beet
Fill with water

Genius! Love the thought of veggie pucks.

Now I get to use my expensive Vitamix to Ninja prep.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.