Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Country with hottest (spices) foods?

2,495 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wessimo
Thomas Sowell, PhD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thailand?
India?
wessimo
AG
Those were the first two countries I thought of. Indian cuisine varies a lot by region; the spicier dishes are from the south.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'm not sure there is one country that can be called "the spiciest". There isn't one dish that's hotter than anything else. Indian, Thai, parts of China, Korea all have hot foods, but the heat level is determined by the person cooking the food. A burger can become inedible with the right peppers on it.
HTownAg98
Indian and Szechuan can get really hot, almost to the point of inedible.
LastHamlet
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Indian and Szechuan can get really hot, almost to the point of inedible.

Yup had some chicken vindaloo one time in the UK at an Indian place. I still felt the heat after a couple of days.
Ogre09
AG
The spiciest food I've ever had was Thai.
Tecolote
AG
India and Thailand definitely in the running. Have some Pakistani colleagues whose wives have made some dishes that will blister your scalp.
jgh85Ag
AG
There is a Pakistani restaurant in San Antonio that will get you sweating. After eating there a while, my heat tolerance has gone up considerably.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
slappy
AG
Which one is that?
AggieChemist
AG
Sierra Leone lit me up a lot too.
jgh85Ag
AG
Kohinoor.
On step 12 of 22 step BAS Anonymous program. Please donate, the struggle is real.
heddleston
AG
The hottest overall places have probably been mentioned, but I want to give a shoutout to ethiopian food. in the states its pretty tame but in-country theres some kitfo and qai-wat that will burn you out for a day or two.
TCSD84
Here in Houston, there are some Thai places that will singe your throat. Mala bistro for one. My bad...mala is Sichuan. I ate at Thai gourmet once. Never again.
The Milkman
AG
TCSD84 said:

Here in Houston, there are some Thai places that will singe your throat. Mala bistro for one.
Mala can be very spicy, but it is Sichuan Chinese. Thai Gourmet has some of the hottest food i've ever had in Houston
schmendeler
AG
love Sichuan. it's pretty hot, but usually also balanced with good flavors as well.
wessimo
AG
I've sweat my way through "Thai hot" dishes at Thai gourmet several times and they can definitely singe your taste buds depending on the batch of peppers they are using on a given day. The spiciest dish I've had in Houston was the vindaloo at Red Lion.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.