Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Russian River Valley Recommendations?

5,163 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Diggity
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Scriffer said:

752bro4 said:

Scriffer said:

752bro4 said:

#1) pliney the elder/Russian river brewery is a great stop. Expect lines on Friday-Sunday. Food is above average, beer is great. More on the menu than just pliney. If I recall, pizzas were what we ordered.

#2) you cannot ship beer, so if you get the wild hair to buy a couple of 12 packs for home, I hope you're driving or have a lot of free space in your luggage.

The key is to have the box already taped up.

"Do you ship wine?"

"Yes."

"Good to know. Here's this."
Ha! My convo with the UPS girl:
Me: (while carrying 3 12-packs of Pliney) "Do you guys ship beer?"
Her: "Beer? No. Wine and Olive oil? Yes."
Me: "Okay. Do you guys ship this.....Olive oil?"
Her: "I don't think so, good try. Here are some boxes for $25 each."

At that point, I was pot committed.

All-in for 36 beers, I was almost $400 ($11/beer) deep between the beer, boxes, tape, packing material, and additional baggage fees. It managed to get all the way home unscathed and quite delicious.

Lesson learned.

Worth it for Pliny.

Pliny is ~ $8 plus tax, plus the effort to find it (either luck or act fast when posted on Facebook).

Not bad really.

How much is a 12 pack from brewery? I went, but didn't even bother with Pliny; I preferred to use the opportunity to bring home their sours.
bonfirewillburn
AG
Who do you rep?
752bro4
AG
$60/12 pack
Orozco05
Been working for Southern Glazer's 5 Years now. Still stumbling my way through wine but it's been fun. Got certified Somm last year!
bonfirewillburn
AG
Where you at/what region?

Own a Restaurant that specializes in wine and pizza in Abilene. Had a falling out with our local SG crew and dropped y'all about 6 months ago. Heard yesterday (from a competitor) there may have been a recent change in management out here. There are a few wines I would love to have back.
Orozco05
I'm in Houston. We just had one of our longtime managers transfer out to that region. We worked a together a few times in College Station. I'll look into where he will be based out of.
bonfirewillburn
AG
Good deal!
putu
AG
some great suggestions.

Only one to add Fritz.
"Cal (9-3) vs. Texas A&M (9-3). On the list of rare sights in Southern California, a team running the option -- as the Aggies like to do with QB Stephen McGee -- ranks right up there with real breasts and 12 inches of snow." Stewart Mandel CNNSI
Diggity
AG
So you went to the brewery, but didn't bother noting how much their signature beer was.

Sounds plausible
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.