Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Recommend a Vacuum Sealer

1,182 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by B-1 83
Sweet Kitten Feet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
MIL asked what I wanted. i usually say nothing but she won't leave me alone. Kinda always wanted one of these. I love to barbeque but it's usually only 2-3 people. Even eating leftovers, there's still waste with a brisket. Would love to be able to barbeque a bunch of meat all at one and bag/freeze, then reheat later on. So recommend one. Nothing over $150, and doesn't have to be fancy. Thanks!
NColoradoAG
I have been using a FoodSaver V4000 series for a while and have had no issues. I cooked a 16 pound brisket this Sunday and sealed all the leftovers after dinner. It took about 10 minutes to pack up about a dozen packages of leftovers.

I also use it for sous vide and have not had any issues.

Probably put about 20 rolls of bags through so far and not a single problem.
momlaw
AG
I bought the cheapest plastic sport portable Food Saver off Woot for seemingly pennies for my sous vide and freezing leftovers. It has done the job without a problem.

I do double seal both ends due to initial issues which were likely operator (me) errors.
momlaw
MarylandAG
If not too late, I think this is a good buy.....

https://www.amazon.com/FoodSaver-Automatic-Sealing-Retractable-Handheld/dp/B00DI342B4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1513461495&sr=8-2&keywords=foodsave

also a bump for the sous vide crowd that needs one.

nonag97
I've had a FoodSaver V2244 for a couple of years. I use it several times a week. Works great! Under $100 on Amazon. Hands down my most used kitchen gadget. I've saved so much money on not having to throw food out.

Tip - If you're freezing, pre-freeze the food, otherwise it's a mess.

Second Tip - the FoodSaver brand bags are a racket! Buy the generic, they work just as well.
B-1 83
AG
Food Saver Game Saver
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.