Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Gnochetti and sauce

1,006 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SACR
SACR
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I made this last night because I had some extra sauce left over from last week.

Pasta:

2 cups AP flour
3 eggs
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt

Two ways to make this, with a mixer and without a mixer.

Without a mixer:

Pour flour in a bowl. Make a well in middle of flour. Pour in olive oil and salt, 3 eggs. Slowly incorporate flour on outside into the well, mixing with olive oil, salt, and eggs. Roll all flour into together, consistently mixing, until you have a dough. Knead for 10-15 minutes until you have a tacky ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and set aside in fridge to rest for 30 minutes.

With mixer: Pour flour, olive oil, and salt into mixing bowl, then crack eggs and pour in. Mix with paddle attachment for 30 seconds to incorporate, remove paddle, put in dough hook, and mix for 8 minutes until dough is fully formed. Will probably stick in mass on the hook. This is okay, let it keep mixing. After 8 minutes, remove from mixer, knead into ball, wrap in plastic wrap, and set aside in fridge to rest for 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes, take dough out of fridge.

Remove wrap, cut ball in half, then in fourths. Remove one-fourth, and put rest back in the wrap.

Slice a small section off that fourth.

Using your hands, roll that section into an elongated strip

Cut the strip into equal size pieces.

Using the back end of a knife, roll each piece on a gnocchi board back towards yourself.

Slice, roll, cut, and shape each piece on the board and then place on a plate.

Boil a pot of water. Place gnochetti in boiling water, and remove once they start floating. While gnochetti is in water, simmer sauce in a skillet. As gnochetti begin floating, remove from water, sauce in the skillet, then plate.

Serve.
schmendeler
AG
Looks good. But paper plate, bruh?
SACR
AG

I generally use paper plates when I'm feeding myself.

With one pot to boil pasta, skillet to cook sauce, and a mixing bowl to make pasta, I already have enough dishes to wash.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Is this Gnochhi shaped pasta with traditional dough instead of potatoes?
SACR
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

Is this Gnochhi shaped pasta with traditional dough instead of potatoes?
That is exactly what gnochetti is.

Remove the potato, add the eggs.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.