Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

What's on your Thanksgiving menu for this year?

1,465 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by schmendeler
fav13andac1)c
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For me it's

Thomas Keller Turkey
Sodium Citrate Mac and Cheese
Green Bean Casserole
Sweet potatoes with brown sugar and pecans
Rosemary Honey Rolls
Turkey gravy

Pumpkin pie and pecan pie

Serving ~13

schmendeler
AG
visiting family out of state. I've got turkey duty. going to follow serious eats' suggestion and do a dry-brined, spatchcock turkey. plus we are having the usual accompaniments. green beans, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, deviled eggs, stuffing, gravy.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Its just my wife and 3 year old son this year, so not much. smoked turkey, stuffing, rolls and probably pecan pie.
The Fall Guy
AG
Just my wife, me, and a few friends. Son will be with his Grandparants.

Turkey, stuffing, Apple and pumpkin pie, green beans.

Salmon. Yes Salmon because one of the friends can't eat turkey.

Martin Cash
AG
Sauerkraut!
Na Zdraví 87
AG
Zimmerhanzel's BBQ brisket, chicken, sausage, pinto beans, cole slaw, potato salad, sauce, pickles and onions.
Max Power
AG
Silent protest this year so I'm not doing anything. My wife's family is one of those who can't wrap their heads around any thanksgiving food that isn't traditional. Last year I did a brisket in the freezing cold, turned out great and they looked at me like I took a **** on the table. I wouldn't have to do things like smoke a brisket if they didn't overcook turkey or bring a ****ty ham. My mother in law two years ago just brought a massive amount of boxed mashed potatoes, she should have been shunned for that crime.

This year I'll sit quietly on thanksgiving, pretend to enjoy their crap food, and then I'll feast on Friday. Perhaps this year I'll do Tex-mex again.
schmendeler
AG
"My mother in law two years ago just brought a massive amount of boxed mashed potatoes"

I would legit take this as an insult. This is like a culinary "**** you and your Thanksgiving".
2ndChanceAg96
AG
Tamales. Lots of Tamales!!!!!!
JYDog90
AG
Tamale dressing!
Formerly Willy Wonka
aggiesherpa
AG
+1 on the serious eats spatchcocked turkey.
schmendeler
AG
schmendeler said:

visiting family out of state. I've got turkey duty. going to follow serious eats' suggestion and do a dry-brined, spatchcock turkey. plus we are having the usual accompaniments. green beans, mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, deviled eggs, stuffing, gravy.

It turned out really well. I like the spatchcocked turkey. But best overall I've had before goes to last year's sous vide turkey. The breast meat was ridiculous.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.