Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Wedding Registry

1,359 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggiespartan
amanda04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What items did you register for that you are glad you did? Or maybe, what have you acquired since then that you wish you had registered for? I have a fairly well equipped kitchen, but am looking for upgrades or possibly things I might not be thinking of.

I really don't care about brand names, but would rather get the best item in that category. Meaning, I don't need a KitchenAid mixer because of the name, but if there's a heavy duty mixer out there that's better, I'd rather have that.
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Any small appliances you can replace with a kitchen maid mixer attachment, do it. The accessories are the best part of the mixer and ours still humming at 25 years old. I also love our vitamix, but I'd skip the crockpot and just get an instapot. Register for one awesome knife, not a block IMO
TXAG 05
AG
Agreed. You really only need a couple good knives. The blocks look cool I guess, but you won't use most of them

I'll throw in a good cutting board and a cast iron skillet.
amanda04
AG
I'm lucky in that I've inherited some family cast iron skillets and a dutch oven, so I'm good on that front.

Any particular knife brand you guys recommend?
Tanya 93
If you want to bake, get plenty of sil mats.
aggiespartan
AG
We registered for nicer serving platters and barware.
amanda04
AG
Sil mats?! I hadn't even thought of that. Thanks Tanya! And serving platters is a great idea too, AggieSpartan!

Anyone have any brand/model recommendations for
Blenders
Mixers
Knives
Food Sealers/Vacuum Savers
dummble
AG
Blenders - Vitamix or Blendtec, nothing else comes close
Stand Mixer - Kitchenaid, the attachments and accessories make it worth the price
Food Processor - Cuisinart
Immersion Blender
Electric Pressure Cooker
Rice Cooker
4 Slice Toaster with cancel feature
Stove top reversible cast iron griddle/grill
Plastic and wooden cutting boards
Board Scraper
Mixing bowls
Spice Grinder
Citrus Squeezer
Knives - personal preference, I love my Custom Japanese, Global and Victorinox. You need to go to the store and try them. Chefs Knife, Bread Slicer, Filet and Parring.
Ceramic Honer
Worksharp or water stones for sharpening
Food Sealers/Vacuum Savers - Foodsaver
Scriffer
AG
Single smartest thing we did was not putting formal dinnerware on the registry. Aunts and cousins you couldn't pick out of a lineup love giving dining sets you'll never use. We left those off and completely cleaned up.
HTownAg98
I've got a silicon baking mat and I hardly ever use it now. It's a pain to clean, and you don't get any browning from them. Instead, I prefer to use pre-cut parchment sheets. Much better browning, they are cut to fit standard half sheet pans, you can portion dough on them and just slide them into a pan, and there's no cleanup.
Max Power
AG
Best thing we got was a food saver, 5 years old and still going and gets used a few times a month. Get all our meat at Costco and also used for sous vide.
ChipFTAC01
AG
When we got married a few years ago we intentionally didn't register for anything and asked for no gifts because we figured we were in our mid 30s and likely had everything we really wanted.

That being said because people are nice, most people still got us gifts. Other than an impressive haul of good scotch from my friends, some of the best gifts that we got were a nice Dutch oven and a nice bose Bluetooth speaker which lives in our kitchen when we're cooking. With both of those when we got them I thought, this is a nice gift that we'll never use. We use them both all the time. The Dutch oven lives on our stove and is the go to pot for everything from pasta water to a Sunday roast.
Lily09
AG
KitchenAid mixer was my number one. Got a nice set of pots and pans, coffee maker, meat thermometer, serving platters, mixing bowls, cutting board, cheese knife set, bar stuff and other stuff we didn't register for and probably won't use.

My favorite non food items on our registry were a nice vacuum and steam mop. I love those things.
Max06
AG
I LOVE USA Pan brand bakeware. I've never used anything as truly non-stick as they are.

If you don't already have a good set of cake pans, cookie sheets, sheet pans, etc. I'd definitely add those to your list.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Things I've used most from registry:

Blend tec blender
Knives
Martini shaker and glasses

Items not used ever:
Spiralizer
Mortar and pestle.. looked cool in store. Still in box.
Wine decanter. Pretty sure my wife drinks $13 wine straight from the bottle.
Anything Lennox minus the wine glasses
Wedding China
FtBendTxAg
AG
Wish we had done that
AggieStout
AG
Don't put a whole knife block on there. Get good single knives that people said. Then get a block on your own, my wife got me this one for Christmas a while back. Not really a block but it's magnetic and super cool.
http://www.makesushi.com/product/magnetiv-knife-block-downtown-model/
aggiespartan
AG
FYI if you register at Macy's and you don't get everything on your registry, you get a discount on everything you purchase yourself. With the sales and whatnot, we got some pretty good deals.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.