Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Ghost Peppers

1,388 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HTownAg98
kurt vonnegut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For some stupid reason, I planted a ghost pepper plant this year and I'm about to have a bunch of them. Any recommendations / tips for how to prepare them without melting my face off?
momlaw
AG
wear gloves
momlaw
normaleagle05
AG
Dice, make a sandwich, leave in the office fridge.
AggieChemist
AG
I like a little chopped and sauted along with my chili meat. Add it at the same step as the onions and garlic.

Same when I'm doing anthing vaguely indian or Asian.
Koko Chingo
AG
In dishes that actually get eaten - I have always seen ghost peppers and the other death peppers mixed in with things you make in large batches like chili as AggieChemist mentioned.

When I lived in Albuquerque, they had a fiery foods festival every year and you could sample all kinds of different things made from just about every chili pepper you could imagine.

I do not remember if they were made specifically from the ghost/scorpion/reaper, etc. There were a couple jelly's and chili oils that were both great and edible. I would not imagine they used very much at all. The heat was down in the jalapeno (or slightly above) region after made into jelly or oils.

The majority of the spicy jelly's/jams were raspberry and I do not know what that is the most prevalent flavor.

*** wear gloves do not touch your pp or get frisky with anyone until you have thoroughly gotten all of the capsaicin washed off.
Duncan Idaho
I did the same thing a few years ago. I couldn't give the damn things away. Even myvidian friends wouldnt take em
AggieChemist
AG
The thing I like about ghost peppers (I have bhut jolokia specifically) is that they have a very smoky flavor, if you can get past the heat. That's why I like it, especially in chili.
Slicer97
AG
chili or curry
dahouse
AG
I had a bunch a few years ago. Dried them and then ground them into a powder. That stuff is lethal.
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
HTownAg98
Make a fermented hot sauce with them. You might want to purchase a respirator if you decide to do that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.