Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

College Station New Food Places

2,534 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by schmendeler
AggieJon87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I will be posting some notes about new places in College Station/Bryan. Welcome any comments. You can also find some nice write ups for new places on facebook in "Eat BCS" and "College Station Needs A Waffle House".
AggieJon87
AG
Just opened a couple weeks back was Hopdpddy Burger Bar. The burgers and fries are damned good but just know you are looking to pay $16 for your meal. This started in Austin and is a hit there. So far they have had 20+ minute waits for tables. I have been twice and really enjoyed the food but I had to take out a loan for my family to eat.

https://www.hopdoddy.com/

Aggie Jon '87
Seanzy2012
AG
Man, there is a lot of good places to eat burgers and fries. Those things better bring spiritual enlightenment if I'm going to purchase burger and fries for that much.
fta09
AG
Sounds on par with Grub Burger and the new trend of craft burger bars. Grub has an app called Grub Love that lets you scan your receipt and for every $50 spent you earn $5 off your next meal. Not sure about Hopdoddy as I have never eaten there.
Joe Exotic
AG
I'm amazed at what people will pay for a ground beef sandwhich
fta09
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

I'm amazed at what people will pay for a ground beef sandwhich
Do you really want to go there?
MichaelJ
AG
Plain and simple. If you want better food places the people of college station will have to accept higher prices.

You can't get the newest and best places/chefs and always maintain cheap meals.

That said, hopdoddy in Houston did not impress me much. But I don't mind paying 16$ for burger and fries and a drink etc.
jja79
AG
Remnant from Nawlins on Groesbeck in Bryan.
TowerAg90
AG
Fat Shack on Welborn Rd in C-Stat. The one in Denton is awesome. Not exactly health food though. But once in awhile it's ok to eat like that. Check it out
AggieOO
AggieJon87 said:

Just opened a couple weeks back was Hopdpddy Burger Bar. The burgers and fries are damned good but just know you are looking to pay $16 for your meal. This started in Austin and is a hit there. So far they have had 20+ minute waits for tables. I have been twice and really enjoyed the food but I had to take out a loan for my family to eat.

hopdoddy is way overrated. good burger, but you can get better burgers all over austin for half to three quarters of the price, plus not wait in line with 600 people.
aznaggiegirl07
AG
AggieOO said:

AggieJon87 said:

hopdoddy is way overrated. good burger, but you can get better burgers all over austin for half to three quarters of the price, plus not wait in line with 600 people.
Their ahi tuna burger is the bomb.com
ChampsAg
Good Bull BBQ is now open

326 George Bush
schmendeler
AG
Hopdoddy is what grub aspires to be but doesn't achieve.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.