Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Any jack n box taco fans here?

3,233 Views | 27 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by slappy
Johnny2Fan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
God I miss those heart stopping grease filled bad gas later small treasures.
aggiebq03+
No lettuce and lots of hot sauce.
Dumpster Fire
aggiebq03+ said:

No lettuce and lots of hot sauce.

EOT!
Spore Ag
Best at 1:00 am after heavy drinking
'03ag
FCBlitz
Once a year. But when I do I love them.
normaleagle05
AG
Spore Ag said:

Yeah, "drinking", we hear ya.
FtBendTxAg
AG
Spore Ag said:

3:30AM*
aggiebq03+
FtBendTxAg said:

Spore Ag said:

4:20AM*

FIFY
Ag_07
AG
Johnny2Fan said:

God I miss those heart stopping grease filled bad gas later small treasures.

Why do you miss them? They're not around anymore?
Potcake
AG
MookieBlaylock
AG
Not a fan at all moved on to Doritos locos in time of need

big ben
AG
Ate 4 yesterday, no lettuce, extra splooge of hot sauce
schmellba99
AG
Never understood how anybody could eat one of those things, much less multiples. God they were awful.
jja79
AG
Awfully delicious.
AggieStout
AG
They are so good
Ag 11
AG
Damn... now I'm hungry
Texker
AG
Picked up my son at DFW after his first tour and his first request was for JIB tacos. They are good given the right state of mind.
chipotle
Taco Bell tacos are better. Yeah I said it. MORTAL KOMBAT!!!
1997aggies
AG
Taco Casa tacos are the best fast food tacos!
FlyFish95
The only thing better than a Jack N Box taco is a Jack N Box Monster taco.
The Milkman
AG
Americans eat 554 million Jack in the Box tacos a year, and no one knows why

My favorite description:

Quote:

More than 1,000 times a minute, someone bites into what has been described as a wet envelope of cat foodand keeps eating.
Finding the right balance of crunch from the fried edges with the soft, clear pocket is an acquired skill.
FincAg
AG
Mine used to be the chili cheese burrito at Taco Bell. $0.89 a piece. Long time ago that was acceptable. Not so much anymore.
Demosthenes81
AG
Way back in the day I worked the grave yard shift at a JitB. It was a solo gig since we locked the doors at half past bar closing. All I had to do was work the drive through and clean. I had a regular who would come through the drive through and order a case of frozen tacos. While policies states no uncooked food my boss could not turn down the easy sale. Good times except for the drunks who get mad when you tell them you don't serve What-a-Catches.
FlyFish95
Jack N Box on Texas in the early 90's use to have the Full Meal Deal: 2 tacos, a cheeseburger, fries, and a soda for $1.79. That's back when their cheeseburgers had that orange, tangy sauce on them.
rausr
AG
Old Ag here who actually participated in "The Last Great Taco Eating Contest of the 70's" in 1979 at the Jack right there on Texas.
2-person teams with the preliminaries Monday-Friday with Finals on Saturday.

Of course we drew Friday (less time to prepare for Saturday if we won our day). 3 rounds to win your day, the most Super Tacos you could eat in 5 minutes for each round. We made it to the final round on Friday but fell to the eventual winners.
T-shirt, coupons, and of course all those Super Tacos. I was not worth much the rest of that Friday night.

Live in Shreveport now where we have no Jack, but the family knows when we venture into Texas that Dad will stop to snag some "2 for $.99" regular tacos.
superunknown
AG
The Milkman said:

Americans eat 554 million Jack in the Box tacos a year, and no one knows why

My favorite description:

Quote:

More than 1,000 times a minute, someone bites into what has been described as a wet envelope of cat foodand keeps eating.
Finding the right balance of crunch from the fried edges with the soft, clear pocket is an acquired skill.

That was a great article.
Splitag
AG
My cousin is a culinary trained executive chef, and has worked at a handful of the nicer restaurants in Houston and now Dallas. In college he lived off JitB tacos, and he used to laugh because that was back in the early 90s when JitB was experiencing lawsuits from people dying via E. coli poisoning. He went to UNT for his undergrad and claimed you could get 10 tacos for a $1 at the JitB by his dorm.
slappy
AG
From their Ingredients and Allergens PDF:

Taco, Regular Filling Ingredients: Beef, Chicken, Water, Textured Vegetable Protein (Soy Flour,
Caramel Color), Defatted Soy Grits, Seasoning (Chili Pepper, Corn Maltodextrin, Spices, Bleached
Enriched Wheat Flour [Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, and Folic Acid],
Salt,Garlic Powder, Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy, and Wheat Proteins, Monosodium Glutamate, Onion Powder,
Natural Flavors, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Succinic Acid), Salt, Tomato Paste,
Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Caramel Color, Garlic
Powder, Sugar, Spices, Tamarind, Natural Flavor, Sulfiting Agent). Tortilla Ingredients: Ground Corn,
Water, Lime. Cooked in Canola Blend Frying Oil.Contains Soy, Wheat

Lookie here
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.