Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Homemade yogurt

915 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JFrench
mrsbeer05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm taking my first stab at making yogurt because our youngest eats about $125 of yogurt a month and this seems cheaper. Any suggestions on how to flavor it?
Duncan Idaho
I just add a small amount of maple syrup. Or course, I am not a kid and perfer it to taste like more like yoghurt than pudding. So I am not sure how to get it sweet enough for a kid that has been raised on commercial stuff.
mrsbeer05
AG
Our kids eat Greek yogurt not the kid stuff. It is has fruit, but I'm not sure how to add it to my yogurt. I like the maple syrup for me though.
walton91
How about just using a jar of fruit preserves/jam/spread? You could also just buy your own mix of fresh fruit, mash it, then freeze it in small jars or bags.
Duncan Idaho
then i would just do what walton suggested. i might give it a go myself
walton91
Heck yeah. Its blueberry season. I pick up some each week at the market and just freeze them. By the end of summer I'll have about three one-gallon freezer bags full of blueberries that I'll use in my breakfast smoothies into next spring. Strawberries are great for freezing too, and they are mushy when they thaw so they are perfect to mix into yogurt.
JFrench
AG
Nm misunderstood

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.