Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Big ol beef ribs in Dallas

3,940 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BlueSmoke
OregonAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where can I buy some? I get them from Market Street in Frisco pretty often but they aren't the dinosaur ribs you see at some of the BBQ places.

I haven't called any meat markets but I'd like to smoke some this weekend.

FYI, I live in Frisco but work all over Dallas county so the location doesn't matter too much to me.

Thanks!
Pabby
AG
Rudolph's meat market in Deep Ellum hooked me up last time. Would call ahead, but I would bet they have them.
Duncan Idaho
Any place that sells short ribs. Just tell the butcher that you don't want them cut
Shaggie 05
AG
I've bought them at Deep Cuts Butcher Shop in Richardson. They were huge and excellent quality.

As a warning, this shop only carries higher end beef, so things aren't cheap, but quality has been amazing. The ribs I got were Heartland Akaushi Beef and they didn't last long after being pulled from the smoker.

They do tend to carry things that aren't necessarily available everywhere (large beef plate ribs, Tri-Tip, Full Pork Belly), and the guy has been nice and helpful.
OregonAggie
AG
Thanks for all the replies!
powerbelly
AG
I have always been able to get any cut I want from Kubys as long as I give them some advanced notice.
80sGeorge
AG
If you want the big ones the BBQ places use make sure you ask for beef plate ribs. Usu come 3 to a cryovac. Central Market will order them.
beb06
AG
Costco in Southlake has them, at least from time to time.
normaleagle05
AG
I was in David's Meat Market in Garland for the first time on Friday. I got a hank of hog casings and a tri tip. They had several cuts of the biggest beef ribs I've ever seen. When i was still in the Brazos Valley i bought several cuts of plate ribs from Rosenthal. These were far and away the better dino rib cut.

Tri tip came out nice.

BlueSmoke
You can get plate ribs @ Market Street in Frisco. Just have to ask the guys to package them up for you. As stated, ask for the uncut plate ribs. Will run you between $30-$35 (package of four).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.