Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Ceviche receipe?

971 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sorrell Booke
Sorrell Booke
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Anyone got a good shrimp ceviche recipe to share? My wife won't eat fish so I go shrimp only.
SoTxAg
AG
A very quick and simple one I use with imitation crab meat is: onion, tomato, green olives, all soaked in the lime juice, can add chopped serrano and cilantro to taste.
Bruce Almighty
AG
In a blender, combine 1/2 cup lime juice, 1/4 pound tomatillos, 1 cup cilantro, 3 cloves garlic and 3/4 tsp salt.
Stir into 1 pound diced shrimp and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Stir in 2 diced serrano peppers and 1 diced avocado and season with more salt if needed.
HTownAg98
Only thing I will add is to do the shrimp in your lime juice separate. When it's cured to your liking, pour off the liquid, add your vegetables, squeeze on some lime, and serve it. I've found that tipping off the lime juice used to "cook" the shrimp gives a cleaner and fresher taste to the shrimp.
TexAg2001
AG
For Shrimp Ceviche, Ecuadorian style Shrimp Ceviche is the only correct answer. Follow the recipe found here and you can't go wrong. https://www.laylita.com/recipes/ceviche-camaron-shrimp-ceviche/amp/

The longer it sits in the fridge before eating the better. Adjust the amount of freshly squeezed orange juice to your liking. You're welcome.
Sorrell Booke
TexAg2001, that is almost the exact recipe I currently use and it is delicious. I don't cook my shrimp in beer or coconut milk, however. I might have to try that.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.