Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

DFW Eats - Italian

1,642 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 41332
rooftop18403
How long do you want to ignore this user?
For all the DFW natives I'm an out of towner that ends up in the DFW every other month. When I'm on an Italian kick I always return to usuals; Campisi's (Mockingbird) and Maggiano's Little Italy. Are these as good as any or am I missing some gems?
'03ag
Nona Tata - Magnolia area of Ft. Worth. Only open M-F for dinner and one saturday per month
Loveria Cafe - Colleyville

Both of these are run by actual Italians, making their own pasta and generally kicking ass.
Chipotlemonger
AG
If you plan ahead and want a great experience: Lucia, in Bishop Arts, is excellent.

(I say plan ahead because you have to call on the first of the month to get reservations for the next month. Or you could go one day and try to get a walk up spot at the small kitchen bar)
ftworthag02
AG
We love savianos in Euless and heard good things about la piazza (Fort Worth) from a true Italian customer of mine
mavsfan4ever
AG
Taverna is good in Dallas off of Knox. So is terrilli's off of Greenville.
TennAg
mavsfan4ever said:

Taverna is good in Dallas off of Knox. So is terrilli's off of Greenville.

Now i need some italchos...dammit
Garrelli 5000
AG
Mio Nonno in Allen is awesome if you happen to find your way to the northern suburbs.
jwag
AG
Nona Tata & Aventinos in Fort Worth are both great.
powerbelly
AG
I grew up eating at Terillis and Prego on Greenville. Those are sentimental favorites of mine.
walton91
I have heard really good things about Mangiamo near the Galleria in Dallas (Preston and LBJ).
shimmeringshark
AG
Gah! Some of the recs above are, well okay (Lucia is superb! But not reasonable schedule-wise). Sticking to Dallas (Not Allen or FW), try Carbones, no reservations. Or Nonna. Or Sprezza.

Understand that my recs are more Italian than your examples, so take my suggestions for what they are worth.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Lucia is well worth it if you plan ahead.
LondonAg89
AG
Another in for Nonna
Van Buren Boy
AG
Roman Cucina in Richardson.
Windy City Ag
AG
Carbones is fine as long as you realize it is half grocery with a smaller, limited menu. It is really a lunch and takeout place that happens to serve a few items for dinner.
Windy City Ag
AG
I had a pretty great dinner at Urbano a month or so ago. I would add that to the list. It is off the beaten path but worth driving a short distance out of the way.

If you already hitting Campisis it is not that far away.

Mr_mo8268
AG
Terillis's and Prego are legit.
Girlhowdy
AG
We like Kenny's Italian Kitchen on Beltline in Addison. I still consider that Dallas.
SACR
AG
Trattoria Al Giardino in Frisco is very good.
BMX Bandit
Chipotlemonger said:

If you plan ahead and want a great experience: Lucia, in Bishop Arts, is excellent.

(I say plan ahead because you have to call on the first of the month to get reservations for the next month. Or you could go one day and try to get a walk up spot at the small kitchen bar)
Lucia is fantastic.

correction on the reservation. they take reservations 60 days out. new day opens each day. you don't wait until first of month
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
If you want cheap, delicious and BYOB try Tony's. Terrill's is also great
gigemags87
AG
Nonna and Sprezza!
shimmeringshark
AG
Lucia is now using a new reservation app, Resy. Not sure how Lucia is utilizing it - I kinda think its for managing cancellations of reservations made by phone. Quite often Lucia will post their cancellations on FB.

FYI, they are on their annual vacay, so closed till next week.
OregonAggie
AG
Windy City Ag said:

Carbones is fine as long as you realize it is half grocery with a smaller, limited menu. It is really a lunch and takeout place that happens to serve a few items for dinner.

I went to Carbones a couple weeks ago and really liked it. Their vodka sauce was amazing.

Everything we had at the table was great so I'll definitely go back.
Reading this is depressing. Not much good Italian in Dallas. Lucia is excellent but expensive as hell, hard to get into, and you can't really do any sort of business stuff there because it is so intimate. The other 3 places mentioned on this thread are from the same guy...

Allessios back in the day was wonderful. Cafe urbano next to jimmys is passable. It is byob too.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.