Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Favorite burger in every state...

4,689 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by The Pilot
UnderoosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jayelbee said:

I'd also bet that Five Guys considers themselves and markets as a "Fast Casual" restaurant, which is the foodservice euphemism for fast food.

They do. It's n all their franchise promo info.
Long Live Sully
AG
BQ92 said:

I'm surprised Oklahoma wasn't Braum's
Actually, Braum's is the favorite there, but since it is Oklahoma they possibly didn't know it or maybe they just wanted to be like Texas.
Tailgate88
AG
schmellba99 said:

Seanzy2012 said:

Steak N Shake is terrible. Lived in MO for awhile. Will never understand it.
Not going to lie...tried the Steak N Shake in Pearland for the first time a while back. Was pleasantly surprised, especially for the fact that it was something like $7 all in for a burger, fries and drink. Compared to the last several times I've been to Whataburger (various stores), it was better. Whataburger gets a lot of love, but they have not been anything worth bragging about for a while IMO outside of a few of their specialty burgers, and even those are hit an miss.

Culvers is great, had one down the street when we lived in AZ and they make a solid fast food burger.

In-N-Out is overrated, never understood the appeal outside of the "secret" menu that is anything but a secret.

Five Guys isn't fast food, and they make a good burger.

White Castle is good "I'm drunk" food.

RIP Archie's $.39 Hamburgers.
GAC06
AG
StorminAg said:

ORAggieFan said:

Look at how many states fav is In-N-Out and they don't even have one.

Which one's do you think don't have one?
WA, CO, HI, IL all list In-N-Out despite having no locations
Seanzy2012
AG
schmellba99 said:

Seanzy2012 said:

Steak N Shake is terrible. Lived in MO for awhile. Will never understand it.
Not going to lie...tried the Steak N Shake in Pearland for the first time a while back. Was pleasantly surprised, especially for the fact that it was something like $7 all in for a burger, fries and drink. Compared to the last several times I've been to Whataburger (various stores), it was better. Whataburger gets a lot of love, but they have not been anything worth bragging about for a while IMO outside of a few of their specialty burgers, and even those are hit an miss.

Culvers is great, had one down the street when we lived in AZ and they make a solid fast food burger.

In-N-Out is overrated, never understood the appeal outside of the "secret" menu that is anything but a secret.

Five Guys isn't fast food, and they make a good burger.

White Castle is good "I'm drunk" food.
It is cheap. I'll give you that. I liked it the first time I tried it. I hated it the other 10 times.

White Castle only on beer runs. If you taste buds (and gut) are fully functioning then you may as well call it a day.

If we're talking about burgers, no one holds a flame to Whataburger. Nobody.

If you just want a good old fashioned all American hamburger, Whataburger is the best.

I'll eat In-N-Out if that's where everyone wants to go, but I truly feel like I'm getting something that is no better than Burger King or McDonalds (plus their fries are just terrible).
Federale01
AG
I am not sure the difference between 5 Guys and In and Out when it comes to being "fast food." It's basically the same thing without the drive-thrus; both use fresh meat and fresh fries.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Fast casual does not mean fast food. Fast casual is panera or freebirds or mod pizza.
ChipFTAC01
AG
BQ92 said:

I'm surprised Oklahoma wasn't Braum's

I miss Braums.
schmellba99
AG
Federale01 said:

I am not sure the difference between 5 Guys and In and Out when it comes to being "fast food." It's basically the same thing without the drive-thrus; both use fresh meat and fresh fries.

I put them in different categories. And just because somebody uses the same basic ingredients does not equate to them being remotely close to the same.
schmellba99
AG
Culvers makes a better burger than Whataburger.

Maybe your local whataburger is better than most, but the last dozen times I have benn to whataburger...yeah, just another craptastic fast food burger.
GAC06
AG
People are way too protective of Whataburger. Comparing In-N-Out to Burger King and McDonalds is just ridiculous.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I don't understand how someone can say Whataburger is great and In-N-Out is not any good. There really isn't much of a difference between the two. They're both good fast food burgers, but they're still just fast food burgers.
Federale01
AG
Yeah, I'm not equating 5 Guys to Hopdoddy's or anything. But both 5guys and In n Out use never frozen meat and fresh fries. I don't see difference other than quantity of food. There is nothing really elevated about their ingredients or methods and both come out to you in the same amount of time. Maybe it's because I have gone to various 5 Guys so much around the D.C. Area where it started that I see them a little differently.
Punked Shank
AG
Haven't had a fast food burger since March.

First thing I get when I visit back to Texas is whataburger followed closely by corpus Christi tex mex.
Seanzy2012
AG
GAC06 said:

People are way too protective of Whataburger. Comparing In-N-Out to Burger King and McDonalds is just ridiculous.
Soggy buns. Soggy Fries.
Tom Hagen
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

White Castle may be the only fast food I've ever tried that I couldn't finish.
I bet you weren't drunk at the time.
Slicer97
AG
Too many good burger joints all over the state to be bothered with fast food chains unless travelling or eating really late.
Texker
AG
When I have the time I head out to http://kellyfamilyfarms.com/ roadside stand. Damn good.
Post removed:
by user
ChipFTAC01
AG
The difference between the two has more to do with price point, quality of food and decor than whether or not you can get it to go.

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/020515/fast-food-versus-fast-casual.asp
eric76
AG
FtBendTxAg said:

South Dakota and New Mexico need to get their priorities straight
How can anyone prefer Burger King over anything else. Burger King makes my least favorite hamburger of all time, not only among big chains, but for anywhere.

The worst hamburger of my entire life was from Burger King.
eric76
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Driving while eating whataburger is recipe for needing an extra shirt
My worst was a sliced beef sandwich.

Years ago I was on my way to Galveston to do some computer work. My aim was to arrive when everyone else was leaving so I wouldn't bother them. On the way, I stopped at a barbecue place in League City for a sliced beef sandwich to eat while driving.

So I was driving down the Gulf Freeway and trying to eat that sliced beef sandwich. Every time I tried to take a bite, the sliced beef would slide out onto my lap. By the time I arrived at the customer site, I had managed to eat about 1/6 of the sandwich and had barbecue sauce all over my lap. Walking in was a bit embarrassing.
The Pilot
AG
Have you had White Castle? That would be my worst fast food burger place.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.