Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Breaking Down a Side of Beef - Video

2,100 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by schmendeler
schmendeler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just came across this video and really enjoyed it. it's the first time I've actually really been able to understand exactly where on the cow a lot of these cuts come from. I found it fascinating.

Tailgate88
AG
Very cool, thanks for posting!
agfan2013
AG
If you found the video cool and want to take it a little bit farther, Beef 706 is a class offered by A&M extension program that anyone can attend if you are still close to the motherland.

Not sure how much it costs but I dont think its expensive, just a little time consuming as its two days long. You get to cut carcasses like in the video but also learn about grading meat and different aspects of the cattle/feedlot industry.

schmendeler
AG
agfan2013 said:

If you found the video cool and want to take it a little bit farther, Beef 706 is a class offered by A&M extension program that anyone can attend if you are still close to the motherland.

Not sure how much it costs but I dont think its expensive, just a little time consuming as its two days long. You get to cut carcasses like in the video but also learn about grading meat and different aspects of the cattle/feedlot industry.

nice, I have heard of the bbq camp, but not this particular class. thanks!
schmendeler
AG
glad you enjoyed it.
NoahAg
docaggie
AG
One regret from college is not being able to fit in the Meats course as an elective.
Very cool vid. Thanks for sharing!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
schmendeler
AG
they added a pig - break-down video

96ags
AG
I find these videos fascinating.

Thanks for posting them.
schmendeler
AG
96ags said:

I find these videos fascinating.

Thanks for posting them.

as do I!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.