Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Groom's cake and Bride's cake Bluebell Icecream

3 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jayelbee
pinkdog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wondering what the general consensus is on this. I liked the bride's cake but didn't like the groom's because it has some really artificial strawberry swirl in there plus these chocolate hearts that are filled with artificial strawberry. Otherwise I like the chocolately-ness. I also tried Red, White, and Bluebell. Not bad. Liked the real blueberries in there.
BlueMiles
AG
I did not know that flavor existed. I think there used to be a thread in which new flavors were announced. I wouldn't mind trying some new ones. Thanks for the heads up!
texag06ish
AG
The atricifial strawberry in th grooms cake was terrible!
Keeper of The Spirits
AG
Texas Two Step is my favorite but not sure they are still making it
keysercade
AG
Bride's is delicious, very frosting forward, but delicious.
htxag09
AG
Keeper of The Spirits said:

They had to stop because they found listeria (I think) in their cookie dough (outsourced). But yeah, it was awesome.

Milk and cookies is delicious, too. But right now only available at the creamery, and Astros games!
FtBendTxAg
AG
Not a fan of these two. The only good non core flavors they've introduced have been Rocky Mountain road, coconut fudge and pecan pralines and cream. Others have been mediocre

I know it's blasphemy in this state, but I've discovered there's life outside of blue bell and don't really defend them with my life anymore as there's so much better ice cream
out there.
Joe Exotic
AG
Pretty much the same for me. Very average ice cream.
Nobody Knows My Name
AG
htxag09 said:

Keeper of The Spirits said:

They had to stop because they found listeria (I think) in their cookie dough (outsourced). But yeah, it was awesome.

Milk and cookies is delicious, too. But right now only available at the creamery, and Astros games!

I think they just hinted Two Step will be back in a couple days.
ftworthag02
AG
Post removed:
by user
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.