Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Brisket..

4,117 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by NColoradoAG
Whoop04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
pfft..if you losers haven't murdered yourself on the off-chance you run foul of tradition, you are doing it wrong.
JYDog90
AG
Everybody knows that smoke ring is the most important trait in brisket. That's the first thing that Guy Fieri points out when he goes to a BBQ place on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives.
Formerly Willy Wonka
rooftop18403
Well...I know this thread got kinda rough but... any word from the OP on how is brisket turned out?
rhoswen
AG
I don't think it matters.
giddings_ag_06
AG
rooftop18403 said:

Well...I know this thread got kinda rough but... any word from the OP on how is brisket turned out?
Probably still jiggling his meat to see if it's got enough shake to it. He'll know when the FLAVOR bursts out of it.
schmellba99
AG
I guess this is the thread where I can say I'm a cheater, and be unashamed about it.

Well, I'm only half a cheater I guess. I don't use a dual probe temperature monitoring device. But I do have a grate thermometer I can toss on there to check should I feel the need, so there's that I suppose.

Temp is just a guideline anyway.
FabricatorAg
giddings_ag_06 said:

rooftop18403 said:

Probably still jiggling his meat to see if it's got enough shake to it. He'll know when the FLAVOR bursts out of it.

https://imgur.com/gallery/8xobU
I like mullets, and bourbon whiskey..
FabricatorAg
MichaelJ90 said:

giddings_ag_06 said:

rooftop18403 said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/8xobU

Since I ran into a flock of pitmasters last weekend, this brisket came out perfect doing nothing but tuning my pit to 225 and letting it cook an hour a pound. I wrapped it at 180 and continued to cook until it hit around 200, then I wrapped in a towel and let it sweat in a cooler for another two hours. After anxiously waiting for the brisket I forgot to take any pics after it was cut.
AgEng06
AG
I'm not sure that pic helps your case... any after cutting?

Nevermind. I see you didn't take any. We'll just have to take your word for it...
FabricatorAg
AgEng06 said:

I'm not sure that pic helps your case... any after cutting?

Nevermind. I see you didn't take any. We'll just have to take your word for it...

Winning an international brisket cookoff wouldn't help with 90% of the schmucks on here. The ten people who ate it all said it was wonderful so Texags doesn't really make a **** to me.
Duncan Idaho
So he cheated and used a thermometer ?

Boo this man booooo!!!!!!!
agcrock2005
AG
Quote:

Winning an international brisket cookoff wouldn't help with 90% of the schmucks on here. The ten people who ate it all said it was wonderful so Texags doesn't really make a **** to me.
Didn't you come on here asking for help?
FabricatorAg
Duncan Idaho said:

Ask your wife about cheating..
Duncan Idaho
MichaelJ90 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

She said she it wasn't really cheating when I did your wife because in her words "even Michael's wife deserves one good sexual experience. So it wasn't cheating, it was charity"

NColoradoAG
MichaelJ90 said:

Duncan Idaho said:

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.