Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Favorite frozen pizzas?

13,288 Views | 97 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SACR
FtBendTxAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I haven't had a Totinos in years, but I can't lie, I want to put one in the cart every time I stroll past the frozen aisle.

'03ag
Lucky Jack Aubrey said:

Ah hell yeah. We thought these were rich people pizza. Since they were French and all.
Max Power
AG
I will always like the Stouffers French bread pizza. No telling how many Totinos I had while in college, so cheap. I'm currently a fan of the Costco frozen thin crust. The most pepperoni you can get on a pizza.
schmellba99
AG
FtBendTxAg said:

I haven't had a Totinos in years, but I can't lie, I want to put one in the cart every time I stroll past the frozen aisle.

I broke down and bought a few last time I was sent to the store. They changed their packaging from the cardboard box, but the awesomness of super cheap yet somehow tasty frozen pizza remains the same. Threw a little extra mozzarella on and sprinkled some italian seasoning prior to cooking. Not going to lie, it was a solid meal that ran me about $2.00 total.

Gonna have to try those Screaming Sicilian brand that gets recommended here, I see them but have never tried them. Sometimes a good cheap frozen pizza is just nails.
bigtruckguy3500
I do italian spices on mine, but I sprinkle some garlic powder on it as well. I also love garlic.

I think Red Baron makes garlic french bread pizza like the Stoufers above. Those were legit. You could see the garlic infused oil/butter just dripping through it.

I am so hungry right now.
schmellba99
AG
I usually use garlic powder too, but flat forgot on the last one.
AgsMnn
AG
SACR said:

Honestly, why not just make some dough and make your own pizza?

If you have a stand mixer, it takes ten minutes to put the ingredients together and mix them, an hour to let it rise. You can then shape it, add toppings, and toss it in the oven, or put it in fridge and let it cold ferment for a few days.

Either way, better and cheaper than frozen pizza.

Frozen pizzas take 15 minutes.
Brush Country
You can't buy them in the store, but they ship at a reasonable price. These are badass Chicago deep dish, 10/10 do recommend.

https://www.loumalnatis.com/harwood-heights?gclid=CISNwNXJx9UCFRi1wAodKIgCkQ
RangerRick9211
AG
TennAg said:

Fact: 99% of people's homemade pizza sucks and everyone knows it so quit conceding that homemade is better than frozen cause that's a lie almost always.
Then I'm the 1%, *****!

&

>
Digiorno's, Screaming Sicilian, HEB, etc.

More convenient? No.
More time consuming? Yes.
Mo' betta? Mucho si.
Boiling Denim
RangerRick9211 said:

TennAg said:

Fact: 99% of people's homemade pizza sucks and everyone knows it so quit conceding that homemade is better than frozen cause that's a lie almost always.
Then I'm the 1%, *****!

Interesting I've never tried ground coal on my crust before.
LCE
AG
Keep trying on that pizza. You're bound to get better.
agcrock2005
AG
I would be pissed if I went through all that effort and burned the crust like that. Amateur hour.
RangerRick9211
AG
It's charring when the burn is intentional.
TennAg
These fancy pizzas man...why don't we just go ahead take them to their deconstructed conclusion and have one chunk of mozzarella, one big ass basil leaf, and one big hunk of pepperoni sequestered off to the side. It's madness i tell ya.
agcrock2005
AG
Replace the pepperoni with a tomato and you're there.
Nelen
jgh85Ag said:

For relatively cheap, the Costco frozen pizzas are good.

My favorite fast food pizza is now MOD. Crispy crust and cheap at $5 for a mini.

Yeees, I absolutely agree
Seanzy2012
AG
Not going to lie. I like those cheap old Red Barron Pizzas.

Used to eat Digorno all the time, but got pretty tired of it.

Wal-Mart has those big pizzas you just have to pop in the stove that are pretty good.
aggietony2010
AG
If that top pizza was intentionally cooked that far, then I think it's safe to rule you out as the arbiter of pizza greatness.
Bruce Almighty
AG
momlaw
AG
There has not ever been a store bought pizza in my home I did not doctor with cheese, onions, garlic, artichokes, whatever depending upon pallet.

Did Screaming Sicilian Spicy Clucker because tomatoes are an issue in my home.

Oh my goodness. I would have built it the same way. Great chicken breast, plentiful cheese, fresh jalapenos - real ones, apple wood smoked bacon. I did not doctor at all, which was a personal challenge.

Prepared is not typically in my rotation. Dadlaw was happy. $6 for two nights + big fresh salad. Me happy.
aTm2004
AG
I can't remember the last time I had a frozen pizza because we normally grab one out of the deli area in Kroger for like $7. Pretty damn good pizza.

But if it has to be frozen, Red Barron pepperoni.
ArticPenguin:
I am a middle aged lesbian with two children. In Texas, the GOP would love to claim I am an unfit parent and take my children.

Response when pressed for proof:
I actually have 6 links, and was getting super pissed the more info I looked up...So, look it up yourself, I am not going to fight about something I know to be true, to a person who would just as soon see me in prison or dead.
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/2948036/replies/51680255
MarylandAG
Red Barron Classic Crust, if I have to I prefer Tony's over Totinos but I'm in the minority because wife and kids love Totinos.

On the cheap, quick meal...loaf of French bread cut into 3 sections then each section sliced in half, so you end up with 6 sections. Some canned pizza sauce, I usually just use Great Value Walmart brand based on price, some shredded mozzarella and Hormel pepperoni. Spread sauce on French bread slice, cover with mozzarella, put on pepperoni, baked to however "doneness" (probably not even a word ) level you like, quick, easy, fast! I love the frozen French bread pizzas, I just find I get more bang for the buck using the above method. Sometimes I'll use a simple homemade no bake sauce recipe instead of the canned sauce, it gets the job done, I'll say that. I'll posted it if I can where I jotted it down.

Edit: Quick sauce recipe, not gourmet but as I said, gets the job done :

15 oz can tomato sauce
6 oz can tomato paste
1 tablespoon dried ground oregano
1 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground paprika
1/2 tablespoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
sprinkle in some Italian seasoning for good measure, ~1 tablespoon (optional)

mix all ingredients and use. I like to let it sit for a while before using it, flavors seem to meld together a bit better that way.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Red Baron rising crust or whatever.
aggiedata
AG
These crazy Vermont hippies make a mean frozen pizza.

SACR
AG

Do you have an outdoor pizza oven?

When I see people screw up a margherita like you did in the first pic, it's usually because they left it in their outdoor oven for a minute too long.
FCBlitz
I figured out how to make the Stouffers pizza. I use a French baguette and cut it in half. Speak Italian flavored tomato paste. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and small diced red pepper and cut in 1/4 pepperoni.

Comes out exactly like stouffers.
FCBlitz
So my favorites are:

Stouffers French bread pizza - brings back memories from junior high.

Pizza rolls - college food. We buy the big bag!

Tostino pizza - supper cheap and we would have a whole bunch in the freezer during college. Another mainstay.

Lately we have been using the frozen pizza dough and using a high quality pizza sauce and learned to put just a small amount of finely cut veggies and 1/4 Pepperonis and cookit on our clay pizza slate. The results are always pretty dang good. When we over do toppings it get wet or sloppy.
SACR
AG
FCBlitz said:

So my favorites are:

Stouffers French bread pizza - brings back memories from junior high.

Pizza rolls - college food. We buy the big bag!
The pepperoni and bacon flavor is fantastic.
SACR
AG
MarylandAG said:

Edit: Quick sauce recipe, not gourmet but as I said, gets the job done :

15 oz can tomato sauce
6 oz can tomato paste
1 tablespoon dried ground oregano
1 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
1 teaspoon ground paprika
1/2 tablespoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
sprinkle in some Italian seasoning for good measure, ~1 tablespoon (optional)

mix all ingredients and use. I like to let it sit for a while before using it, flavors seem to meld together a bit better that way.
I don't think you know what the word 'quick' means.

Put a can of peeled tomatoes (I recommend Cento San Marzano) in a blender. Add in some garlic powder, salt and pepper, maybe some basil. Blend. There, you're done.

Spoon onto crust, it cooks while pizza is baking.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.