Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Louisville food recs?

1,973 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Dumpster Fire
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Meeting some friends there for the weekend for no other reason than they wanted to go to Churchill Downs. Any recommendations? Thanks.
Max Power
AG
Hammerheads was solid when I was there a couple years ago, small place that was basically in a basement. Recommend the PBLT (pork belly, lettuce, tomato).
agcrock2005
AG
Max Power said:

Hammerheads was solid when I was there a couple years ago, small place that was basically in a basement. Recommend the PBLT (pork belly, lettuce, tomato).
Went to Hammerheads on Saturday night. Place was awesome. Cool atmosphere and very good food. I didn't get the PBLT because my buddy did. it was great but not as good as the Chicken and Waffles that I got. Another buddy got the pork belly tacos and macaroni and cheese balls. Very healthy! Thanks for the recommendation.
Burn-It
AG
Can't go wrong with Jack Fry's, great southern cuisine.
AKA 13-0
Max Power
AG
Glad you enjoyed it, I'll be back if I make it back to town some day.
aggiesherpa
AG
The Silver Dollar. Great bourbon selection as well, as are most places in Louisville...
Boat Shoes
AG
Headed to Louisville for a bourbon tasting trip with my dad in a couple weeks. Any additional dinner recommendations? Or lunch among the distilleries?

Thanks!
Ol Jock 99
AG
My info is dated (lived there 2004-2006), but we were shocked at the amount of great food there. Except the Mexican food. Definitely not the Mexican food.

Jack Fries is a classic.
HHAG
AG
We did the Bourbon Trail a few years ago and had a great time. Check in at the first distillery you visit and get your passport. Then go taste at the listed distilleries, get the stamp turn it in back in Louisville and you get a lovely Bourbon Trail t-shirt. Back to the restaurants, check out Havana Rumba for some pretty good Cuban food and Vietnam Kitchen or some really nice, authentic Vietnamese food.
MichaelJ
AG
When in Rome.

Get the KFC
Dumpster Fire
Go to any sunergos coffee location for the best coffee you'll have.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.