Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Smooth Cast Iron - Central Market

4,022 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by EFE
p-wonk01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SIAP

I was in Central Market the other day and noticed they were selling Smithey Cast Iron that was smooth. It's going to set you back, but nice to know someone is making it again.

http://smitheyironware.com/collection/
aggiebq03+
Holy ***** It's a $200 cast iron pan.
Sooner Born
A fool and his money are easily parted.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Not if you get the yellow coupon for free big red and cheek meat
Slicer97
AG
$200 vs a $20 Lodge, some sandpaper, and some elbow grease

decisions, decisions...
tmaggies
AG
Grandmas Griswald and my Lodge cooks just fine enough....
EFE
AG
There's a legit forging shop down here in the valley that makes copies of turn of the century irrigation valves that I want to figure out a way to do a summer internship/apprenticeship with so I can start selling high end cast iron pans etc. once I retire.
Slicer97
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

There's a legit forging shop down here in the valley that makes copies of turn of the century irrigation valves that I want to figure out a way to do a summer internship/apprenticeship with so I can start selling high end cast iron pans etc. once I retire.

Get 'em to make one that's smooth as an infant's ass with a wire bail handle. If it works like I like, I'll tell folks good **** about it so long as no money leaves my pockets and I can sell it for a crap ton on ebay as an original prototype once you've cornered the market. Or, should your venture fail, I get another good piece of cast iron cookware with no cost to me.
EFE
AG
If'n you could rally some like minded folks with deeper pockets than either of us, we could start this thing up a lot quicker and you wouldn't need to wait until I retired for your first piece of Eagle Ford Cookware(TM). Hell your old ass might be harassing nurses from a wheel chair by then.
Slicer97
AG
EagleFordEarl said:

If'n you could rally some like minded folks with deeper pockets than either of us, we could start this thing up a lot quicker and you wouldn't need to wait until I retired for your first piece of Eagle Ford Cookware(TM). Hell your old ass might be harassing nurses from a wheel chair by then.

HEY SCIMI, YOU GOT A SEC OR TWO?!!
bigtruckguy3500
$80

http://www.stargazercastiron.com/
True Anomaly
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

$80

http://www.stargazercastiron.com/
This is the route I went. If you do go this route, be aware that they have a HUGE backlog of orders. I ordered mine in November- it just arrived last week. Now, this is due to them switching from one foundry to another with larger production, and they seem to be back to a more reasonable schedule, but just be advised that it may take longer than you want to get one of these.

That being said, they're awesome. Just wish it was larger
Scimitar
AG
Slicer97 said:

EagleFordEarl said:

HEY SCIMI, YOU GOT A SEC OR TWO?!!
DA FUQ YOU YELLIN' FER?

WTF YALL WANT?
Slicer97
AG
We want you to spend money on EFE's likely-to-fail cast iron cookware venture so he can start a business at no risk to him and I can get some free samples. It's a really great opportunity. Well, for us anyhow.
Scimitar
AG
Noted
MGS
EagleFordEarl said:

Will it be seasoned with authentic Eagle Ford oil?
EFE
AG
Our Eagle Ford wells stay pretty clean, but I could probably go to one of the old Austin Chalk wells to find something to season them up with if you think that'll help em sell.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.