Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Food processor

2,200 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Vernada
newhowdyag2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm looking for a machine to make smooth pistachio butter, turn erythritol into a fine powder, etc. What food processor would y'all recommend (at least 7 cup range)?
Vernada
AG
I bought an 11 qt Cuisinart in 2002 that is still running strong.
Vernada
AG
Vernada said:

Uh. Of course I meant 11 cup. Not 11 qt!
bigtruckguy3500
Hmm... I was hoping there'd be more recommendations here.

I'm also looking for a food processor. I don't plan on doing anything too fancy with it, maybe make hummus, try my hand at various nut butters, make my own oat flour, try making some ice cream mixes, whipped cream.

Easy clean up/one where a lot of what you're making isn't wasted getting stuck in nooks of the processer, etc. is high up there on my list.

Thanks
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Robot Coupe. Built like a Sherman tank and is what a lot of professional kitchens use.

Of course, they also cost about as much as a Sherman tank too....
bigtruckguy3500
Yeah, would also like something a little, or a lot, more reasonably priced.
Duncan Idaho
not much more to recommend that a Cuisinart. find the size that works for you and get it.
evan_aggie
AG
I feel like food processors are a bit out of "style" these days. Having said that, Ninja has a few good ones and won't break the bank.
biobioprof
Vernada said:

Vernada said:

Uh. Of course I meant 11 cup. Not 11 qt!
Our cuisinart is maybe 30 years old. I've replaced work bowls and lids, but the motor is still fine.

Don't use it every day or even close, but a lot of other stuff has gone to the trash since we got it.
beanbean
Cuisinart DLC-10SY Pro Classic 7-Cup Food Processor

[url=https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AXM4SB6/ref=asc_df_B01AXM4SB65122492/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B01AXM4SB6&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167151960156&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13380570621863299140&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9026176&hvtargid=pla-275206420975][/url]
I have the one above. Only $99. This thing is solid as a tank. The base is freaking heavy. Love it.
Max Power
AG
Another vote for Cuisinart. Get one a little bigger than you think you need. I got a 7 cup, wished I had gone for the 11.
normaleagle05
AG
Motors that get used more often in my kitchen than my Cuisinart 7 cup food processor, in no particular order:
Immersion circulator
Immersion blender
Ninja blender
Convection function toaster oven
Vent fan
Ice dispenser
Coffee grinder
Microwave turntable
Food grinder
Stand mixer
Food saver vacuum pump
And when the wife cooks in low cut tops, boat motor.
bigtruckguy3500
What watt motor should I look for? I found a Cuisinart 8 cup w/ 350W motor for $70. But they have another one at 650W for $100? How much difference does it make for an non-professional user?
thisguy05
AG
I recently upgraded to a cuisinart 14 qt and it is awesome. Handles anything thrown at it. Previously had a kitchenaid that was worthless.
Vernada
AG
bigtruckguy3500 said:

What watt motor should I look for? I found a Cuisinart 8 cup w/ 350W motor for $70. But they have another one at 650W for $100? How much difference does it make for an non-professional user?
general rule of thumb - bigger = better
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.