Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Snake River Farms - Steak Box

1,683 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Tx-Ag2010
agcrock2005
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Someone buy this for me please... EDIT: On Sale for $319

jgh85Ag
AG
$53 per lb? Bolner's looks better every day.
biobioprof
In the unlikely event that someone gave me a gift certificate for that company, I'd rather use it to buy smaller amounts of one cut instead of a variety pack, even if the price/lb comes out higher. I'm not seeing myself making a meal with 5 lb of different cuts on the same menu, or consuming that much in a short time frame, or wanting to risk freezer burn on meat at those prices.

And I'd probably get something other than filets. Ribeyes maybe?
agcrock2005
AG
biobioprof said:

In the unlikely event that someone gave me a gift certificate for that company, I'd rather use it to buy smaller amounts of one cut instead of a variety pack, even if the price/lb comes out higher. I'm not seeing myself making a meal with 5 lb of different cuts on the same menu, or consuming that much in a short time frame, or wanting to risk freezer burn on meat at those prices.

And I'd probably get something other than filets. Ribeyes maybe?
I agree. Variety packs are a little odd. I'd stick with the ribeyes or filets if I were ordering for myself. I've had some meats from SRF and they are fantastic, but the price is just stupid.
Connd
Their brisket is amazing.
agcrock2005
AG
I agree but I don't think they're worth $200. Have had a couple and they were great but they're smaller and 4 times more expensive than prime.
big ben
AG
I think Aaron Franklin buys his brisket from them but don't hold me too it
NColoradoAG
big ben said:

I think Aaron Franklin buys his brisket from them but don't hold me too it

Franklin's buys from Creekstone Farms
aggiebq03+
Think I'll just stick to the Kobe beef from HEB.

Or maybe the HEB dry aged Prime1 ribeyes.
Tx-Ag2010
AG
I wouldn't buy meat online unless I had to and I would definitely only buy ribeye, not a fancy mixed plate. When you are spending that kind of money you should know what cuts you like and order that.

IMO... Once you get to Prime and above grade meats the law of diminishing returns really kicks in.

There isn't anything wrong with a HEB Prime 1 Ribeye cooked in the sous vide and finished on the cast iron/pit. Kobe beef (American Kobe/Wagyu anyway) isn't really enough of a bump in quality to justify the 2X cost increase.

If you really want a damn good steak a 45-60 day dry aged ribeye... That is where it's at.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.