Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

New Cookware set help

1,093 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by hillcountryag86
oldag941
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking to upgrade out cookware for Mothers Day. Looked at All Clad Stainless set and also Henckel ceramic coated.

What's everyone's experience with these types or others?

I'm leaning towards paying the extra and going stainless steel All Clad. But does it stick? I'm used to the old Calphalon non-stick (that has slowly eroded off).

Looking for input.

Thanks

Duncan Idaho
Is this for yourself or meant as a gift?
oldag941
AG
A gift to the wife, but therefore for me too.
MichaelJ
AG
Duncan Idaho
Ok then, I suggest that you don't follow the normal (and on target) advice from the board to avoid the set and get your nonstick from Ace Mart

Oso96
AG
I have had some All Clad copper core for almost eight years and love it. I would highly recommend them. You can't get the sear on nonstick as with stainless.
ILikeTacos
AG
I always piece my cook ware together and had a couple of the henkel ceramic coated pans for eggs after some other non stick wore out and I really really like them. Then ended up getting a set from my parents for my birthday and the pits haven't been too shabby either! For a casual cook for non stick they don't scratch easily at all, and seem as good as teflon for non stick.
hillcountryag86
AG
Oso96 said:

I have had some All Clad copper core for almost eight years and love it. I would highly recommend them. You can't get the sear on nonstick as with stainless.
Second this. I think you get what you pay for and AC CC is some high quality stuff. Heat distribution is great and it makes a difference.

I also don't use nonstick for anything more than things like eggs or pancakes.

Just bought a couple of Staub cast iron and really like them.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.