Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Easter cake

1,904 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggiespartan
aggiespartan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blood orange cake with raspberry swiss meringue buttercream, and a blood orange glaze drip.

biobioprof
Do you do any of these to get such even layers, Spartan? Or do you have other ways to avoid cakes that look like the astrodome... which is what I usually get. Yours look like amazing.

(Found that site after I made a cake yesterday)
aggiespartan
AG
I don't do any of those things. I know a lot of people use the strips around the pan, but what almost everyone does is just trim the top off each layer of the cake to level it. You can trim it either with a serrated knife or they sell cake leveler tools.
aggiespartan
AG
this might be helpful for you too how to smooth a cake
biobioprof
Lol... I should have thought about that method too.

I've done that but it often seems like I'm cutting off a large fraction of the total cake. I guess I should remember that the ingredients are not that expensive compared to skilled labor. And I can eat the "waste". So just start with more batter!
aggiespartan
AG
I just finished some home made peanut butter cups too

UndergroundAg
I would be so fat if I lived with you....
aznaggiegirl07
AG
biobioprof said:

Lol... I should have thought about that method too.

I've done that but it often seems like I'm cutting off a large fraction of the total cake. I guess I should remember that the ingredients are not that expensive compared to skilled labor. And I can eat the "waste". So just start with more batter!
can always make cake pops, too
AgEng06
AG
aggiespartan said:

blood orange
Uh, that's pink...
Matsui
aggiespartan
AG
You know, I said the same thing
95_Aggie
AG
You are so talented
biobioprof
UndergroundAg said:

I could use to lose several pounds even though I don't live with AggieSpartan. I don't think I'd gain that much weight (especially if we don't want to eat her out of business), but the quality of what I shouldn't be eating would increase a lot!
aggiespartan
AG
biobioprof said:

UndergroundAg said:

I could use to lose several pounds even though I don't live with AggieSpartan. I don't think I'd gain that much weight (especially if we don't want to eat her out of business), but the quality of what I shouldn't be eating would increase a lot!
The glamour of it wears off after a bit. I don't eat too much now except for taste testing. If I have extra of anything, I usually send it to work with the husband (I work with a diabetic and a vegan). He eats some things, but mostly in moderation. He has been pretty possessive over this cake though.
law80
AG
Do you have a website?
tlfw378
AG
Sweet!
aggiespartan
AG
law80 said:

Do you have a website?
yes, but I update facebook and instagram more. you can find me under gingerhead cookies.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.