Food & Spirits
Sponsored by

Best cheap place to eat in Napa

1,416 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Fall92
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In Napa for work tonight and tomorrow. Give me you best "per diem" pick for dinner.

I don't want your best "expense account dinner"
BSD
AG
Define cheap.
BSD
AG
You may have luck at Oxbow Market. I'd walk around and see what looks good. Also, If Addendum in Yountville is open (behind Ad Hoc), go get the fried chicken (less than $20). If it isn't, hit up the taco truck next to Pancha's.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Ad Hoc and Bouchon
Hogg Island in Oxbow
Gott's Roadside
Oenotri for pizza
HHAG
AG
I certainly didn't see Bouchon as cheap... I think our dinner for two was $200+ without terribly expensive wine.

https://d2zd0z9rcn78un.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/menus/yv_winter_bistro_menu_2016_final_0.pdf

chilidogfood
AG
I like Bruce's picks, personally, but there's always In-N-Out if you actually mean cheap...
752bro4
AG
Screw the per diem and get what you want. You're in one of the best spots for restaurants in the country.

Bottega is my pick.
Duncan Idaho
752bro4 said:

Screw the per diem and get what you want. You're in one of the best spots for restaurants in the country.

Bottega is my pick.

Problem is I have my team with me and I can't abandon them. I can probably push them to go over their per diem but not by $100s.

So looking in the $50 a price for Dinner places.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Morimoto's place is really good. I love the angry chicken.
schmendeler
AG
ad hoc was delicious, and I thought very reasonable.
aTm2004
AG
Go to Soda Canyon Store off of Silverado Trail and get yourself a sandwich, then drive to somewhere along the road that has a beautiful view, then pull over and eat your sandwich while enjoying the beautiful weather.
Duncan Idaho
Ended up at the oxbow market.
Fall92
AG
Bouchon is not cheap. But it sure is good. Honestly though I had a great meal (to go) at Dean & Deluca one day at Hall. Not a dinner place but was a damn good sammich.
"I did nothing. I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.